VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motorcycle daredevil Travis Pastrana is known for jumping high and far.

Now he'll try leaping into the past.

In "Evel Live," airing Sunday (8-11 p.m.) from Las Vegas on History, Pastrana will pay homage to the godfather of action sports, Evel Knievel, by attempting three of Knievel's iconic jumps. Matt Iseman ("American Ninja Warrior") will host the live telecast, featuring one jump per hour.

"Growing up, [Knievel] was such a larger-than-life figure, the first daredevil I ever remember," says Iseman (one of his first toys was an Evel Knievel power-charge motorcyle). "And Travis [Pastrana] … wants to pay homage to the originator and evoke what Evel Knievel meant, that sort of trailblazing style, to recreate these stunts."

https://nypost.com/2018/07/06/daredevil-hopes-to-best-evel-knievel-with-live-motorcycle-jumps/

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Cool! Thanks for the heads up. I missed the first jump, but caught the replay. Watching the rest of it now.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Watching as well. Also DVR’d the Evel Knieval biography that was on about 10am or so this morning. Will be watching it later.

Reactions: BrotherWind

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
I am watching this now. I have one questian... Why the Fuk isn't he riding a Harley XR-750? I mean, if you want be authentic, why a damned Indian? And specially prepared ones at that?

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
The first two looked fairly easy but the landing on the third seemed pretty hard. I had no doubt he would make them. He's the man when it comes to motorcycle stunts.

Reactions: MoRider

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
I think it was a nod to Evel with a modern twist. Being there is no modern Harley capable of doing such a feat the Indian seemed like a good choice.

I'm sure Indian probably paid fairly well to get their bike to be used. I just wish they would have pushed Victory like they have been Indian. I see many more Indian ads and events than I ever saw for Victory. Maybe they have finally learned.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wife and I watched it at the bar out to dinner I think the difference is the technology it said evel would take a shot of wild turkey before his jumps no prep all in the generation. Heavy underpowered carb bikes back then so the things he did where Unheard of then

·
6,677 Posts
Don't get me wrong man,I am not bashing at all. It's all good!

·
6,677 Posts
I just wish Travis would have used a XR-750. But hey, it's a PR stunt kinda thing. It's fun to watch.

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
I just wish Travis would have used a XR-750. But hey, it's a PR stunt kinda thing. It's fun to watch.
Maybe I would feel stronger about it if that's all Evel used but he had a few makes in the line up though the HDs were used for the majority of them.

You know if there is any person that could pull off the Snake River jump it would be Travis. He is a very experienced skydiver and I'm sure he would jump on a rocket.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I am watching this now. I have one questian... Why the Fuk isn't he riding a Harley XR-750? I mean, if you want be authentic, why a damned Indian? And specially prepared ones at that?
Well Polaris did pay for this that's why he was riding the FTR750. I agree if he wanted to be more authentic he could have ridden the XG750R.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.