VOG Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the wife and I have been here in the house looking at each other for two and a half full days. Just took a little drive around the outer rim of the neighborhood and looks like we're here to stay for a few more days. We're well stocked and high and dry, but nobody's going no where! All of our creeks are waaayyyyy over the roads that lead to civilization. And there's a whole lot of water to the north and west of us yet to get here, not to mention what is still going to be falling.

We love each other but old Ben Franklin was on to something. Fish and "guests" (or each other) begin to stink after three days. She's starting to talk about things like me going outside and installing a little border around part of our rock garden. IT"S DECORATIVE, AND HAVE YOU SEEN IT OUT THERE!!?? Or, she mentioned maybe I should go out and stake up one of our pomogranet bushes that's leaning over...............:rollfinger: I'm thinking.....WOMAN???!!!

So I counter with a suggestion that we sit on the back porch and get in some target practice (seems as reasonable as her suggestions). She seemed to thing this would bother the neighbors, so that's out. Sometimes there's just no making them happy. Or maybe she's smarter than I am and doesn't want me to have a gun in my hand right now.

Well, with your help, I'll get through this. (if I was 20+ again, I'd know what to do with her, but that ain't happening now). Well......not any more than it already has.

Now she's rummaging through closets. I sure hope she finds something to do soon. I need a ride. :mad-26:

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Glad to hear you're doing well considering lol

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
So, you are a fair weather rider? What's the problem with rain?

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It comes with a hurricane. :eh:

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, man. Spit Mt. Dew all over the keyboard again. It hasn't come to that yet, but I'm having the wood delivered just in case.

:rofl2::rofl2::crackup::crackup::crackup::rofl3::rofl3:

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Just caught the news. Guessing you're in the thick of it. Crazy, stay safe. Been in the mountains with no tv, radio, internet or cell.

Reactions: MagVic CCT

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know if we hold any kind of records, but that Cypress Creek that winds it's way through a lot of Montgomery and Harris Counties, is really notorious for how quickly and how badly it rises. That thing can disperse more water than any two rivers I've ever seen. I tell new people in the area to stay way away from it.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,136 Posts
@VicVisionBulldog how are things on LEO end for this?
In a word, bad. There are so many people that need to be rescued we have not been able to get them. Luckily we are having a ton of volunteers with boats and big trucks come down to help. I've even had a few people coming from out of state to help.

The officers that are trying to keep things safe in the streets are having trouble doing so because they can't get to the calls through the water. Many stores have been looted because of this but the news has only been showing the rescues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.