VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing a new center stand on a Vision - I had to remove the mufflers/cross over pipe to secure the centerstand. Doing so I managed to inflict a egg size dent in my oil filter yanking that cross over sucker out. My question is would it be safe to run the bike with a damaged, none leaking filter. I am concerned that some filter kibble and bits may find their way into the engine causing damage. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
189 Posts
For the cost ofa filter and the ease of changing it I would replace it. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yep, I'd replace it. Why take a chance with a bent or damaged oil filter? I also installed the Vision Center Stand and I REALLY love having it! Cleaning the rear wheel (kickstand side) is much, MUCH easier and my bike seems to be more stable on the stand. I don't know what your experience is but I can(practlcally) lever the bike onto the center stand with a slight backward pull while stepping on theits lever. It's very,VERY easy and should make oil changes much easier too! The center stand appears to be well designed..After a few days of practice, I can now "ride off" of it...

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I agree with everyone Replace it now. Even though its not leaking oil flows through the filter so if you have constricted the flow you could seize the engine or at a minimum starve the bearings. And that aint good.
(The chances of that are at a minimum but d you really want to take that chance for 40 bucks worth of oil and a filter?)

·
Registered
382 Posts
off subject. i heard the center stand drags really bad in tight turns? is this turn.. iactually heard of a few people removing the stand!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts

KYSO said:
That's like asking if crap yourself should you change the underwear?
+1
LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.