VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a repost but my search isn't working for some reason.
Has anyone put on the D&D slip on exhaust on thier bike? I have a 08 KP and was wondering if I would need to get the stage 1 remap to run properly.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
If you are saying you have the stock cans on the bike, then yes you would need a map or a fuel controler. If you havea stage 1 map then no you shouldn't need a remap.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My 04 is a little different than your 08, but I have the D&D slips on mine.

It's an 04 Vegas with the stage 1 remap and Victory's stage 1 slip on pipes. I swapped those pipes for the D&D slip ons and they sound awesome. When I changed from the Victory stage 1 pipes to the D&D, I left as the regular stage 1 mapping.

There are a couple of lean spots according to the Dyno, but not by much. Not enough to make me want to retune it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I have the stock setup. I was looking at D&D's website and they make it look like you don't need a remap but never actually say so. I was just wondering what it will take.
Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I emailed D&D with this very question and they claim that a remap is not necessary as long as you don't change your intake. I don't have access to my work email at the moment where the message is stored, but I can copy and paste the text later. RPW USA also claims the same for their slash slip-ons (I emailed them too.)

Years back I put a Two Brothers slip-on on my Suzuki GSX650F. A phone call with a tech at TBR yielded that attaining full performance gains would need a remap, but because I only changed the can out, my air flow was not increased substantially enough to warrant a full remap, so I only gained 3hp instead of 5hp. I realize that these aren't similar bikes but they both have closed-loop fuel injection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.