VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in talks with the Chief Engineer at D&D Exhaust for about a year now. They finally gave the green light and have been wanting to take on the Vision for some time now. I just yesterday delivered my '08 Vision to them for R&D purposes. They are excited about this opportunity to engineer a quality product with a great sounding exhaust note and performance to boot. They will be holding my bike hostage for the next 4 - 6 weeks during R&D but it's gonna also be nice to FINALLY get some dyno results after the KevinXinated cam upgrade. I've had D&D's on my previous 2 bikes and loved each set. D&D's facilities are about 2 miles from my house and they have always been very open and helpful to me. They are a great company and am very happy to have this opportunity to be involved in one of their projects. For those of you like me who have been disappointed with the current exhaust systems thus far then please assist me as I give owner recommendations to the D&D Engineers. They are requesting any and all input from Vision Owners. I'll keep everyone updated on the progress.Gadget

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Have had D&D's on two other Vic's. They make good stuff.Make sure to tell them they need to make them in BLACK!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ALL,I will be posting the Chief Engineer's contact info on the various sites soon. I need to check with Aaron to see if there is a specific phone number he wants posted first. I'll keep yall updated. I for one am very excited about this one. Along with my bike (which has the S1L2 Pipes) I also delivered the original ~ Never Used ~ factory pipes. They are going to take it back to stock for baseline and work up from there. Thanks for any input on this guys & gals!Gadget (Scott)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am certainly hoping to be able to post as much info as possible. I do know that they are taking her back to stock for a baseline and working from there. I have sent this forum link to their Chief Engineer Aaron and hopefully they are monitoring for input.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ALL,

I am NOT ignoring yall or all of your comments.....I have just been too busy to reply specifically to your questions / comments. I AM taking notes and forwarding info to D&D's. I will reply to all questions / comments at some point this week. Please keep them rolling in...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ALL,

Thanks for your input thus far. Please keep them rolling in...

I DO have a question for all you guys/gals that MIGHT be interested in possibly purchasing now or in the future.

Please share your thoughts on a series of questions that I will be asking over the next couple of weeks. Here is the first question:

WHAT ARE YALL LOOKING FOR BY WAY OF EXHAUST NOTE / PERFORMANCE?? LOUD ~ MODERATE ~ DEEP RUMBLE ~ THROATY ~ ETC.???

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ALL,I received a call from Aaron (D&D Chief Engineer) this week and they are very close to completing this project. I have an appt. to go FINALLY see and hear these new pipes tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. I'll post PICS / DYNO / INFO / PRICING / CONTACTS / ETC. as soon after that as I am able. Still a couple weeks out though I would guess. Based on our conversation they were able to do some extraordinary things with the Vision performance. MORE TO COME.......Gadget

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TO ALL INTERESTED VISION OWNERS THAT HAVE HALF A BRAIN.......:) ~ JUST KIDDING...BEFORE I GET THE THREATENING EMAILS ~ :)I was summoned a couple days ago by the Chief Engineer at D&D's to stop by to see / hear the progress on the NEW Vision Exhaust. I finally made it by there this afternoon and was absolutely blown away!! As I was walking to the D&D R&D shop from the parking lot I heard a nice sounding / LOUD exhaust being tested on the DYNO. My first thought was that surely this was another bike being tested. I was pleasantly shocked when I walked into the shop area and saw the Chief Engineer on top of MY Vision on top of the DYNO... I stopped to just take in the moment. Then Aaron was kind enough to show me what they were able to create and show me the dyno charts. I won't advertise the charts just yet because they are not quite finished yet...but I gotta tell ya...THE NUMBERS LOOKED SWEET AND THE SOUND WAS AWESOME!! We are almost there my friends. I'll keep yall posted for sure!Gadget

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rikrok, at this point they are slip-ons but don't rule out the other down the road...

~THIS WAS A REPLY TO A QUESTION FROM ANOTHER MEMBER CONCERNING D&D PIPES~ Thought it was worthy of re-posting here.I hear what your saying my friend. I too have had some "not so good" pipes on previous bikes that were extremely LOUD but offered very little by way of total performance. My Vision will make the third different set of D&D pipes on 3 different bikes. I have to say honestly that I have not had a single performance related issue with any of them. Of course these have all been cruiser/touring type bikes. I have never had a set of D&D's on any of my sport bikes...so I can't speak to that. I did see the latest preliminary dyno chart on these new Vision D&D pipes this past Friday. I have to say that I was extremely impressed by what I saw. Very nice sound/tone & performance at the rear wheel. I know this kinda irks some people but I cannot post these numbers or dyno chart just yet. I made a commitment because this was a prelim and still a little raw. They are going to dyno a totally stock Vision next week (because I have Lloydz cams) and get the base stock reading. Then I will be able to post these charts and allow yall to be the judge on performance improvements, etc. I can tell you that Aaron with D&D's has been in contact and working with Lloyd throughout this process and development. Rest assured that I WILL absolutely keep everyone posted!! WE ARE ALMOST THERE MY FRIENDS!!!!Gadget

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.