Cycle worlds "Best Used Bikes" | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Cycle worlds "Best Used Bikes"

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by rwilly, Mar 20, 2015.

1. rwilly

rwilly Active Member

The Vision is on Cycle Worlds list of "Best Used Bikes". This surprises me, although I don't know why. I guess I figured we are the Blacksheep. Maybe I am wrong? I see 2 Visions in Seattle going to work. I think that maybe the rest of the world is starting to warm up to them 7 years later.

Victory Vision Tour- Best Used Touring Bike- Motorcycle Review

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Victory Cross Roads
    Didn't like them at first, but you hear all the good things about them, and over a short period of time I've grown an appreciation for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Well-Known Member

2011 Vision
    In 2011, the Silver/Black Vision's list price was $24,000.
    Other than that, the article was pretty much spot on.

4. wvrider1

wvrider1 Well-Known Member

Goldmist/Black 14 XCT
    Anytime I get into a conversation with a non Vic rider, it eventually leads to a question about the "spaceship" bike.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. MagVic CCT

MagVic CCT Well-Known Member

2000 Nomad : 2012 Victory CCT
    My first impression was, nice change of pace, although a little weird. Thought maybe just a fad type of thing. But I educated myself and came to understand the real virture of the Vic tourers. Would have bought one but for the bags. Then the XCT showed up and I knew that was my bike. :icon_thumleft:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    When they first came out I thought it was cool Victory was doing something so daring. But, didn't ever see myself getting one. They still have shortcomings, but when we started looking at touring bikes, they all did. They just didn't all have the same shortcomings. Even after new and updated competition, I still think the Vision is tops at comfort (including wind-weather protection) which is priority #1 in a touring machine for me. Priority #2 is handling and while the competition may have caught up, GTL, the rest still lag. Oddly enough, the looks have really grown on me. I'd love to see something just as visually daring with better brakes, more power, and more refined bodywork. But regardless it's pretty amazing that this young, comparatively very small company beats much larger more experiencd manufacturers when it comes to the top priorities.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DirtyTwin

DirtyTwin Active Member

all of them
    Didn't like the Vision then, HATE it now, never met a Vision owner who didn't Love them, and every single one of them I have ever talked to can't wait to tell you "how well they handle", sorta like when you were a kid and your best friend dated the fat girl, yep she did have a great personality, but man red hair freckles and fat! cummon' man!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Well....some of us buy bikes to ride, so we like to talk about how well they ride. But hey, your bike does look good lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. EventHorizon

EventHorizon Active Member

2012 Vegas
    Personally I'm glad the Vision doesn't look like it's competitors, I'd rather see Victory set the trends rather than follow. The new honda fb6 looks a lot like the vision, the newer bmw gtl also shares similar lines. Looks like those companies are paying attention and see a market.

The yamaha stryker looks like a HD breakout without the chrome, thanks that we have some variety to choose from.

10. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Well-Known Member

2011 Vision
    Victory has only made 2 bikes that would make me write a check.
    Kingpin tour
    Victory Vision

• Like Like x 1
  11. robsvision

robsvision Well-Known Member

Cross Country Tour
    I was on the fence at first with the Vision.
    But after owning a XCT for the last 3 years then taking a Vision out on an extended test ride. I can tell you I would dump my XCT in a hart beat.
    The Vision is just that much better at everything BUT storage space.

This is not comparing looks but actual ride quality and comfort. That power shield adds so much to your ride versatility weather on the hwy or lower it for back road riding. The seat was hands down better. It has a pocket that you sit in and the step on the seat supports your lower back.
    The body work seems to hide a lot of the 106 crude noises.

I hope to have one some day. And it's to bad that people don't see how good it is.
    Amazing bike........ Nothing else like it out there..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. robsvision

robsvision Well-Known Member

Cross Country Tour
    I think that other companies seem to be in the cookie cutter market.
    I bought my Vic because I wanted an American bike that didn't look like all the others on the road. Even the Japanesse bikes all look the same. Until Honda brought out the FB6. But they didn't go far enough with the bike. The motor is to small and it needs a trunk and electric shield. Just for starters...

To buy a new bike today I have to say the japanese have nothing interesting and the harley twin cam is a design disaster......

13. Iron Ranger

Iron Ranger Active Member

2012 Victory Vision
    After three years of demo rides I knew the Vision had a ride like no other luxury tour bike. I have not had one regret in the year that I've owned this bike and I have a greater appreciation for the design of this bike." Like no other" is a comment often heard. If I really cared what other people think I would be on a bike that could mix a gallon of paint at every red light. Thank God I don't care what folks have to say! Be yourself, after all every one else is already taken! Don't demo one unless you are ready to hear it calling out to you when get back on your ride. As my brother said, "No one should be that spoiled on a motorcycle!" He now hears the voices when he rides his Harley, safely tucked into the herd. Pack mentality, go figure! Ride safe my friends!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DirtyTwin

DirtyTwin Active Member

all of them
    I think you see my point! I am not calling down the Vision, I am merely stating that no mom has ugly kids, well except this mom!
    2007-suzuki-b-king.jpg
    now, crazy thing about the Suzuki Burger King, well, every bike mag write up begins with, "you either love it's futuristic looks or hate them", and then goes on to say, "how well it handles for a large 1300 c.c bike", hmmm, that sounds vaguely familiar.
    You bought it because it's different, yep we get it, the fact that we can't see how good it is just shows how little we understand about motorcycling, yep we get that too, every bike I own was bought with a specific idea in mind, what I wanted for my "long distance tourer" was something better than the Electra Glide Ultra I had at the time.
    You are correct, the seat on the Vision is the pick of the class, even compared to the Yamaha Royal Star Venture, however $200 and about 1-1/2 hours at my local seat builder, and I have what is essentially the Vision seat on my XCT. I test rode every long distance touring bike before I bought the XCT, I could not see enough in the Vision, (ha!) in my opinion, to have to live with it's looks.
    I could have saved a couple grand over the cost of the XCT, because I happen to be one of the people who finds the Vision's looks, "polarizing" doesn't make me right and you wrong, I am looking at the emperor and he's neckid! if the Vision was the only option Victory had for me, I wouldn't be ruffling your feathers now.
    I am never going to convince you it's ugly, you are never going to convince me to run out and buy one.
    THE END.

15. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    DT, we're not trying to convince you to buy one. WE are talking about the things we like about it, in a thread about it. YOU are trying to say, "yeah but it's ugly. Who cares how great and awesome a lady is if she isn't pretty". Um...we don't care. We are motorcycle riders, we were doing just fine discussing the riding features of a motorcycle. Judges in beauty pagents, and apparently you, can focus on looks all you want. Your "yeah but it's ugly" carries no weight here.

• Agree Agree x 7