VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
The fairing is good, and then they ruin the whole thing with the circus clown big wheel.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
The fairing is good, and then they ruin the whole thing with the circus clown big wheel.
...and tassels like your little sister had on her bicycle when she was a kid!

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
I have never gotten that Big Wheel tricycle look. Went completely over my head. I guess I'm just not cool enough anymore to get it.

To be fair though; I think a lot of people said/thought the same thing about the extended front end choppers I was into when young.

Gotta wonder what the next fad in custom motorcycles will be or even if there will be one before the switch to e-bikes.

·
6,677 Posts
@BBob I just think that the wheel used is simply too big. A 19 or 21 inch wheel would look nice, but that thing, most likely a 30 inch, is far too much. I would not even want to ride itLike that.

Reactions: poptop

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
@BBob I just think that the wheel used is simply too big. A 19 or 21 inch wheel would look nice, but that thing, most likely a 30 inch, is far too much. I would not even want to ride itLike that.
Even a 23" looks okay to my eye. Much bigger and it just looks cartoonish but like I said; some people probably thought the same thing about the 12" over chopper I rode back in the day.

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
I'm on the fence. I want to say I like the fairing but not liking the size of the front wheel or extended bags I don't like the overall bike. I think pipes should be seen and bags should not drag.

I think with a 21 inch wheel and regular bags I would like it.

Oh, I would lose the tassles too.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Half-Crazy, that picture of the tank made me kinda' giggle... not for the picture or the era it represents, but, for the "new" paint schemes on the Hardly Sportsters. They went all "AMF" in 2018 the bane of HD history for most. For me if it wasn't for AMF Hardly wouldn't be here right now.... unless Artic Cat bought them.

·
6,677 Posts
Even a 23" looks okay to my eye. Much bigger and it just looks cartoonish but like I said; some people probably thought the same thing about the 12" over chopper I rode back in the day.
Tell ya what, brother, I have never really been into choppers. But I like that one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know most are not in favor of the big front wheel but really like it. the fairing and the big wheel look great, what it might need is nice chrome crash bar to top it off. I put a 21" wheel on my Boardwalk and love it. Nevertheless I am considering going from my Boardwalk to an Indian (don't like Harleys). View attachment 482113

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
BBob, I like your chopper, it reminds me of when I was a kid at the hippy love in's at elesian park in L.A, I would sit real close to all the 1%'s and admire their bikes, and mentally plan out how I was gonna build mine when I grew up. I saw alot of bikes that looked like yours, with either the fishtails or cocktail shakkers, or shotguns

·
Registered
361 Posts
I know most are not in favor of the big front wheel but really like it. the fairing and the big wheel look great, what it might need is nice chrome crash bar to top it off. I put a 21" wheel on my Boardwalk and love it. Nevertheless I am considering going from my Boardwalk to an Indian (don't like Harleys). View attachment 482113
Nice lookin' Boardwalk. Don't see many Boardwalks around here at all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.