VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motocycle Cruiser Magazine issue December 2009....There shoot out conclusion.

I copy and paste it.....

"Decisions, Decisions
Though it weighs almost 900 pounds, the Vision set a lively pace the others simply couldn't match. Attention to detail, a snorty V-Twin, good road manners and high zoot amenities made for a great travel companion. _Three of four testers had this bike as their top pick.

The Harley Ultra Classic Electra Glide is an acknowledged leader, but if you want more, the Limited succeeds as a step-up mount. Fit and finish is superb, and easy controls and light steering are unexpected surprises, putting the Harley in second or third on everybody's list.

The Voyager is one of the better-equipped, affordable long-range bikes out there. Two of our testers felt it was the easiest to ride. It's built to a price point however, and future refinements to the chassis and engine will help Kawasaki make a stronger showing in this class next time.

Despite its classic appearance, the Venture marches to a different beat. Half our riders took the Star to task for a high center of gravity, lack of amenities, and price. But the Star is well-finished and the engine so understressed that it's hard to imagine any mechanical problems for at least 50,000 miles.

If you can deal with swoopy bodywork and aren't afraid of a little performance (or attention), the Vision is the one. "

More balance judgement.... ;o)
Here's the link if you want to read the full report...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

When reading the report , take a look at the pictures of the group of bikes.
the vision has a broken lower wing.
Hope Victory will come up with better lower wings..

·
Registered
11,739 Posts
It appears these guys don't like Honda even a little.

Great write up for Victory!

Yeah, those little plastic deals they lost 3 of 4, that could be better.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

satxron said:
It appears these guys don't like Honda even a little.

Great write up for Victory!

Yeah, those little plastic deals they lost 3 of 4, that could be better.
Hi satxron,
in the mag. itself they did started with the Goldwing with the pack...but early in the test run something happen...they total it . they didn't say if the driver got hurt or what happen.. hope he was ok...

·
Registered
11,739 Posts
I was wondering about this part.

"arguing that the Honda belonged there too. We beg to differ; its uniqueengine, controls and riding position punt the 'Wing into its owncategory. But enough 'Wing Nuts threatened to assemble outside oureditorial compound that we opted to bring along the smooth six-shooter.Unfortunately, it never finished the tour, meeting its demise on aColorado back road."

What category would that be? I wonder if they think the wing is too far superior to all the rest or not up to snuff. If you think its too different as they do is that good or bad? It was a strange statement.

It does look like the guy must have laid it down huh?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
the write up suprises me but than again the Vision is a great handling bike.

The Voyager has a great looking cockpit but the rest of the bike just feels very flimsy
and it's performance for a 1700cc motor is marginally better than the HD 96ci and probably a little weaker than the 103ci in the 'new Utra's'.

I used to love the look of the Venture but now it's looking a little dated to me so it's likely needing a revamp.

As for the Goldwing, I haven't ridden one since they turned into the 1800's. I'm sure it's a fine machine but rumor has the 2011 being a new model as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.