VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my cruise quit working on my 2009 Ness Jackpot. Well maybe there is something about why Polaris tells their dealers not to install cruise on the Jackpots. It is the cruise module that failed. All bike wiring and cruise inputs have been verified. Have not talked to Polaris yet. I kind of know what the answer will be... Wish me luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well in a way yes my arm did fall off. Well at least I have to take it off when I shower. Can't help but wear it when I ride. Yes the cruise makes it a bit more comfortable.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Figured it out!!!! I installed a strobe for the stop light and ever since then the cruise would not work. Well even with the rear tail light harness disconnected the cruise would still not work. The strobe was connected downstream from there so I fugured the strobe had nothing to do with it. The only way it would work is with the strobe to be disconnected and the feed wire to the strobe reconnected to the tail light input as the factory had wired it. All I did was install this strobe in parallel with the brake light circuit. Come to find out when ever the tail light harness is disconnected there is a 9 volt signal that feeds back to the cruise box through the brake cancel circuit. This signal is just enough to keep the cruise from being able to set. The same 9 volt signal is present with the strobe installed. The strobe acts as if there is a break in the tail light circuit. The fix is to install a relay that will allow the factory circuit to be used when the brake switch is not activated and switch to go through the strobe when the brake switch is activated. Took a while to figure this one outbut all is good now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Figured it out!!!! I installed a strobe for the stop light and ever since then the cruise would not work. Well even with the rear tail light harness disconnected the cruise would still not work. The strobe was connected downstream from there so I fugured the strobe had nothing to do with it. The only way it would work is with the strobe to be disconnected and the feed wire to the strobe reconnected to the tail light input as the factory had wired it. All I did was install this strobe in parallel with the brake light circuit. Come to find out when ever the tail light harness is disconnected there is a 9 volt signal that feeds back to the cruise box through the brake cancel circuit. This signal is just enough to keep the cruise from being able to set. The same 9 volt signal is present with the strobe installed. The strobe acts as if there is a break in the tail light circuit. The fix is to install a relay that will allow the factory circuit to be used when the brake switch is not activated and switch to go through the strobe when the brake switch is activated. Took a while to figure this one outbut all is good now.
I am very interested in your fix. I had bought a brake strobe for my vegas and the same thing happened to me. strobe connected- no cruise, strobe disconnected-cruse ok. Company techs had no idea. Sent it back. But you sound more electrically savvy than me. Their unit was a plug and play.

·
Super Moderator
26,112 Posts
I am very interested in your fix. I had bought a brake strobe for my vegas and the same thing happened to me. strobe connected- no cruise, strobe disconnected-cruse ok. Company techs had no idea. Sent it back. But you sound more electrically savvy than me. Their unit was a plug and play.
That guy hasn't logged in since 2011.

You can try to send him a PM. That might give him an email so he would know somebody is trying to talk to him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.