VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've been pretty prolific this winter getting my bike set up just like I want it. 2009 Vision. Garmin 660 is all integrated with power and sound. Clear tail lights with 92 LED's for stops and for amber turns . . . thanks to a load equalizer, it is even flashing normally. I've performed the middle stop lamp vasectomy. Mounted 99 LED mounted in trunk "seam." iPod integrated well (still gotta work on my playlists)
Only problem I'm having is my cruise doesn't work. I read once long ago that since the LED's don't pull the same juice, that sometimes this happens. I added a 2 amp load equalizer to TS, and it still doesn't work.
Do I need to add 2 more 2 amp load equalizers to stops to get this working right? Anyone have any advice before I take it to my dealer and ask them to fix it under warranty? You guys seem to know more on these types of things than my dealer. Any advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Cant help with the tech side but one thing to think about. Dont be surprised that if you do take it to the dealer, its NOT covered. Based on everything youve done, they might tell you that its not covered under the warranty. Not saying they will, but just be ready for it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
yeah i think its safe to say a warranty with electrical troubleshooting is Gone.... with all the aftermarket do dads you put on there a dealer is NOT required to trouble shoot all of this for free.. this is one of the exact reasons why im not getting into all of this cutting and splicing and adding on.. All i need is to Void my warranty.. or at the very least pay $90 an hour labor rate for them to tell me its my fault ...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SUCCESS!! Wired in my resistors (remember, don't tap into green/pink wires . . . that doesn't work too well and will overheat!) and now my cruise is working like it used to. Thanks PrimePower on VisionRiders.com for the help.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All-in-all, it took less than 2 hrs total garage time trying to get this right and some time "on-line" in the forums researching. I've had fun doing this and other mods . . . kinda like a hobby now since it was winter and I couldn't ride anyway. Have learned alot about the bike. At some point in time, I may do the kevinx cam job and get some custom paint, but that will have to wait since it is warm enough now to ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.