VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A hairline crack developed on the top half of one of my bags originating at the rear corner of hinge. Submitted to Victory for warranty- no response yet. Anybody had this issue?
RPW exhaust for crossbikes. I've looked and listened on the NET. Would like to hear from anyone who has installed these. What about fuel/air re-flash? Sound? Backfire/popping? Any other aftermarket exhaust options you have experienced?
Salty- Cee Baily can certainly hook you up. I think all the buffeting is a bit much. I don't have buffeting in my truck but then I get on my motorcycle and yep, there's buffeting. Then I figured it out. IT'S A MOTORCYCLE. Don't sweat the buffeting hype. Just hang on and ride, or, buy a pick-up.
Later all.

·
Registered
367 Posts
got a XC, no issues with cracks...except the one in my ass !

Buddy of mine has RPW's on his XC, they sound very nice, definitely louder than mine with factory stage 1 , without being a nuisance. I dont know about the re-flash if you go to them, I assume it would need to be done and that the Vic mechanics have the program.

·
Registered
466 Posts

Thanks LIMBO, I am not worried, a Cee Baikleys again or Gustaffson will do it, I can make the lowers
My SG was bad until I got the right shield
I like air flow but not head bouncing and eyes swimming at 110 + up (KPH)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Got the RPWs. They are loud, but sound great. Lloyd and Adam installed them and said something didn't sound right. They added extenders to bring it out past the heat shields and it sounded much better. Some kind of second resonance. Either way, Love my RPWs. I will say this, I have taken to riding with ear-plugs, not because of the exhaust, but the wind leaves my ears ringing (I ride with a DOT skid lid). I took a quick trip without the plugs and thought, my Ghod those pipes are loud. In all fairness, I have work done to the engine that may make the exhaust note louder than stock so who knows?

·
Registered
425 Posts
I LOVE my Ness Big Honkers! They are "right on" in terms of sound and performance. I did have problem with increased popping but that seems to have abated somewhat as the Honkersbroke in. I made a very slight ajustment to my VFC III "popping circuit" which seems to havehelped. Thought about the RPW's but decided on the Honkers and have not been disappointed....I'd guess it's just a matter of individual taste and sound tolerance!

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Too bad about the crack and I find it interesting considering I had by left cover come open at 70mph and stay that way for over a mile before I realized it and mine has absolutely no damage, cracks or alignment issues. You must have gotten a bad one from the factory.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope Victory sees it that way. This bike has 3000 miles on it, not a scratch, and the bags have never been full. The dealer does not have an answer after several days. I'll be back with them Monday.

·
Registered
8 Posts

I have had some problems as well but not the same the turn type bag hold downs springs were not strong enough and I lost one bag at 50 mph this has been replaced under warrenty, the new bag showed up with no weather stripping so now that has to be fixed. The other bag has a big gap at the back and you can fit all your fingers under the lid and water entered the bag while riding in the rain and ruined my manual for the bike, it seems that the weather stripping was installed incorectly and the lid was out of line .
I have had a problem with the belt making a noise and that was replaced as well and now the noise is back, they are looking into it again, might be a wheel alinement problem.
As for the bike I love it just have some isues at this time.
Oh yea the first ride my antenna fell off allso replaced under warrenty.
I think i bought a late Fridayafternoon bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.