Cross Roads Leather Bags on CCT | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Cross Roads Leather Bags on CCT

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by Evil_Genius, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Evil_Genius

Evil_Genius Active Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 Cross Country Tour
    I’m thinking about picking up a set of the “leather” bags from a Cross Roads Classic to hang on my ‘14 XCT when the mood strikes. I know the bag guard rails on a XRC are different than on a XCT. The XRC rails wrap around the back. I think I could hang the XRC bags without messing with my XCT rails. Am I AFU?

2. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    I've had both types on my XR. I prefer the looks of the leather and the slightly larger size and ease of opening of the other. I think the leather bags would look good on a white CCT without the trunk.

3. Evil_Genius

2014 Cross Country Tour
    My XCT is black and gold. I would probably run the leather bags in the summer when I don’t use the trunk much.

4. Mikekoz13

Mikekoz13 Well-Known Member

2014 Indian Chieftain, 2016 Cross Country, 2008 Victory Vision
    If yiou decide that you need the bag rails for the leather bags I have a brand new set that I had powder coated black for sale. I also have all the hardware t mount them ifyou would need it. The rails were on my bike for about 15 minutes before I realized that they weren't for the hard bags. PM me if interested.

5. Cobra Rider

Cobra Rider Active Member

2014 XCT, 2011 XC, 1999 Suzuki LC
    You could most certainly mount the XRC bags on top of your XCT rails. It won't have the rear or front corner rail but will certainly work. It's trying to use the Soft Bag rails with the Hard bags that's problematic.
    BTW, they are referred to as Soft and Hard bag rails. I seen many XR bikes with hard bags on them, they mount right up. But they don't have rails. Hard bag rails are hard to come by and if you're thinking about getting rid of them I'd like dibs. Once I get my paint job I'm gonna be thinking hard on protecting them, because custom paint ain't so easy to re-do with graphics.

6. Evil_Genius

2014 Cross Country Tour
    No, I’ll be keeping my hard bag rails. I was just wondering if I could hang the soft bags temporarily without having to remove my hard bag rails. Thanks for the confirmation.