Cross Country Stereo Upgrade | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Cross Country Stereo Upgrade

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by Big106, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Big106

Big106 New Member

Does anyone know of an aftermarket Bluetooth stereo manufacturer that makes a "remote" stereo with a surface mount face that can be mounted on top of the factory radio location? I'm trying to find a way to upgrade the stereo on my Cross Country that will have a preamp output so I can easily run an amp. Anyone had good luck with upgrading their stereo lately without going all out and making huge dash modifications?

2. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Lot of people have put car stereo in place of factory. Not my thing but it's an option without any cutting. Covers up where screen is located and the two buttons on each side.

3. Big106

Big106 New Member

That's what I'm wondering. What aftermarket stereo models have people installed in their Cross Country with good results?

4. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    There are many people on this forum who have done exactly what you want to do. People like @slickvic will see this and post of his experiences. I don’t want a car radio replacement for my CCT and @slickvic has upgraded Cross bike audio systems by replacing the oem radio as well as simply adding amps and upgraded speakers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Big106

Big106 New Member

I guess if I
    I guess if I can get decent sound with just adding an amp and new speakers, that would be ideal, but that factory radio is pretty poor.

7. IndyVictory

Speakers help significantly as they do with vehicles. Cheap paper cones age and perform poorly. Many are happy with amp and speakers alone but many go all the way with aftermarket stereo too. I never added amp just sensitive speakers and I'm good up to triple digits singing along with my tunes.

8. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    @Big106 ....I have finally what I think is best system FOR ME. My 2014 CC 8-BALL had a great system, after 3 remods totaling around $2000. Couldn't be any better at 40mph and below, BUT I don't seem to do that much, especially on trips. The 2016 CCT I bought has a decent stereo, upgraded speakers, to include in saddle bags, which those are good for red lights, slow traffic and parking lots. and an amp. NOW , for MY pleasure, I dug deep:crackup: and spent $100 for a CARDO 1 system. (didn't need a 2, wife said now way to communication, likes peaceful ride). Has speakers in 3/4 helmet and blue tooth's off my cell. No matter how fast I ride, CLEAR and CRISP MUSIC at any speed and 1/2 volume ....again for $100:dance: Don't care if others can't hear, it's about MY PLEASURE.:cool018:

TIP: for money saved I bought a camera system, front and rear, for $140, video's to follow next spring.:icon_thumleft: (the FAMOUS MOUNTAINRIDER is using my VEGAS this winter and installed, I'll post when get one. I'll probably add same system to my CCT) Money saved, put someplace else.:biggrin:

UPDATE: Here's first video from MOUNTAINRIDER on my VEGAS. Said he HAD to slow down from his normal riding, didn't want to add more wear to my floorboards:hihi: (bike behind is his wife.)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Big106

Big106 New Member

I was thinking about that option too, the helmet communicator that is.

• Like Like x 1
  10. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Depending on how much of an audio person you are will depend on the level of where you want to go with this. Amplifiers and quality speakers will get it done. My magnum is satisfactory and loud and clear to be heard at highway speeds. Factory head unit, 2 amps and 3 pairs of Coaxials.
    Understand that the signal being delivered is all the clarity. Amplify a sh!tty signal ( factory head units ) and you get just that. Streaming from your phone is your best bet for as clear as a sound as your gonna get.

An aftermarket head unit like one from @yankphan ( on my 11XC) is a great upgrade and will give you what your looking for as mentioned in your post. From there you can build as you go and take it to all kinds of levels from a kick ass rock to R&B type heavy bass . This will only be achieved with an aftermarket head unit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Big106

Big106 New Member

I do plan to stream Bluetooth from my phone, so maybe the factory head unit will be ok after all as long as I get a new amp and speakers all around.

12. IndyVictory

There are some brands of amps with aux Bluetooth input.
    If you have the iPod connector you can get a Bluetooth adapter for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Big106

Big106 New Member

I do have the Bluetooth adapter. That's how I will stream from my phone if I stick with the factory head unit.

14. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Where will your rear speakers be ? Trunk or lids ? If your using lid speakers then you’ll have many good 6x9 choices or 8” if that’s the lid you have. Front sound stage should be high sensitivity like DB drive or any speaker with 95db or higher sensitivity. Try and pick atleast a 100 watt rms speaker front and rear and an amp that can power atleast 100 watt rms to each corner. Anything less is only the first level of dissatisfaction and will only make you spend more in the long run. In other words pick right and choose power.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Big106

Big106 New Member

Previous owner put on Mutazu bag lids, so I have a 6x9 and a tweeter hole in them. I don't have a trunk... yet. :) I would be interested in one of them as well, but I don't plan to put speakers in it if/when I find one because I will only use it when I ride two up, which isn't too often.