VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a brand new 2016 Cross Country back in late July. My wife has been telling me from day 1 that there is a different seat for the Bike with a wider passenger seat. I have been telling her there is not.

Then a couple of weeks ago at DelMarVa Bike week I ran into a guy with a 2016 Cross Country Tour and sure enough my wife ran over to check out the seat...... and the passenger seat was definetly different and wider. Now she wants me to try and flag down one of those seats.

Is that wider seat strictly on the CCT? And is that the heated seat?

Any info you folks can offer would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I bought a brand new 2016 Cross Country back in late July. My wife has been telling me from day 1 that there is a different seat for the Bike with a wider passenger seat. I have been telling her there is not.

Then a couple of weeks ago at DelMarVa Bike week I ran into a guy with a 2016 Cross Country Tour and sure enough my wife ran over to check out the seat...... and the passenger seat was definetly different and wider. Now she wants me to try and flag down one of those seats.

The older Cross Country's had the wider seat. 2010, and 2011 to be exact. They were not heated.
When the Tour came out in 2012 they streamlined the seat on the XC, I guess to further differentiate the two models.

Reactions: Mikekoz13

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Russells Day-Long is a great seat! I did two 10 day trips this year and did not squirm.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts

Ultimate which @FoFo has and Corbin also has a wider passenger seat.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The older Cross Country's had the wider seat. 2010, and 2011 to be exact. They were not heated.
When the Tour came out in 2012 they streamlined the seat on the XC, I guess to further differentiate the two models.
Someone else told me the same thing recently.
If anyone has an older Cross Country seat in real nice shape that you want to get rid of...................

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PM sent to Poolhound

·
Registered
61 Posts

Dude I have a Faux Swede Ness Seat that came on my CC. It is very wide in the rear. It's for sale. I bought a Mustang seat. If you are interested I can send some pics.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude I have a Faux Swede Ness Seat that came on my CC. It is very wide in the rear. It's for sale. I bought a Mustang seat. If you are interested I can send some pics.
Dude.... sorry.... I bought a seat from VOG member Poolhound last weekend and my wife loves it. i appreciate the offer though!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ultimate. My 270 lb ass thanks me. In fact, I have to get it foamed again from riding too many miles.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
I may be interested in this seat jon if you still have it.
You can shoot me a pm with a price if you like.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's on sick looking bike..... The seat looks comfortable as well. What brand it is?

I also noticed you have some tailgunner tips AWESOME. I have always loved the look of those.
I get all my seats made by High Rollers in High Point North Carolina. Butch is the owner. Tell him James sent you. And the tail gunners sound extremely ggod. People love to see them and hear them while there spinning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
does anyone know if cross country seats from 08' up are interchangeable on all cross country platform bikes? wanting to get an aftermarket seat and i have a 2016 CCT and i see several seats on Ebay for other model years... thx

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
First of all, the Cross bikes didn’t start until 2010, so if you are seeing listings where it says it will fit a 2008 CCT, I’d be suspect.

Second, I think they are all the same over the years, but keep in mind there are differences between thickness of the seats and makeup if you are thinking about going with an OEM replacement. For example, the 8ball and Magnum seats I think were both about 1” shorter (meaning, less padding). This could include the Arlen Ness ones as well.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
There is a drag specialties seat on eBay that says it fits a 2010-2015 CCT... so that should fit a 2016 CCT?
Yes...it should. But I am not an expert, so I'd suggest doing more research and hopefully someone more familiar with the Cross bikes can weigh in and confirm.

Reactions: patrick aube
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.