VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first bike with a sound system and man o man -I love it! It's on all the time. I even found my old Ipod and hooked it up.
Can the speakers on these be upgraded? I have no idea what they are, but something must be available from the aftermarket...someplace like Crutchfield?
I would guess that the head end unit is not all that powerful but better speakers always help.
Any Vision guys gotten into this before?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Hawg tunes has a speaker that fits and I think it's a standard 5 1/4" unit so you may have dozens of options. OTOH, I have taken mine out to look at them and they are pretty good units. Decent size voice coil, good suspension and a decent size magnet.

It's been my experience that many people hear what they want and not what's actually coming out of the speaker after dropping $$$$ on replacements. I know I've heard a couple Harley's and Goldwing's with "upgraded" speakers that sounded like crap.

Oh, and IMVHO J&M speakers are crap......

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
I hear ya, wasn't sure if I would use mine but I have it on a LOT!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
i think a lot of it is whether or not you're a person who listens to music when you're riding or an actual audiophile.

After a few years of the Outlaw Chrome long dual drags then the Slash pipes I'm just glad I can still hear anything

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
heiser252 said:
Here is one of my posts from a while back regarding upgrading my speakers on my vision
http://thevog.net/forums/display_topic/id_1592/
The stock speaker on the Cross Country is a different unit. The magnet is 2 to 3 times the size of the one in that picture.

I confirmed on the parts fiche that they are different part numbers. I'm not saying it can't be improved, just that it's a better starting point than the older Vision speakers. From the diagrams it looks like they upgraded the speakers in 2009 on the Vision and the XC uses the same part now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.