VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I remember someone making a postabout shortning the XC passenger floorboard mounts about two inches.If that is true I am Interested in how that was done.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I remember the writeup. I printed it for future reference,but don't have it with me. Perhaps it was on thevmc.

From memory:

1. Remove the mounts.
2. Cut them down to size.
3. Weld them back together.
4. Paint or powder coat.

I think they are aluminum, so the welding will be tricky for a novice.
I also remember that this modification moves the boards down and forward. I think he said they now get in his 'space', and would not have gone the full two inches if he could do it over.

That's all I remember. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I shortend mine 2" it works good when i push the bike back they are in the way but i dont do that with her on so i flip them up. it reaaly helps her. if i was to do it again i would only go 1.5"

·
Registered
45 Posts

CCR1... great photo, why did you lower the floorboards inthe first place?
Below is a post I sent out a while ago...
Just bought a 2010 Cross Country... but.... the wife is having problems with the seating position. It appears the floorboards on the Victory are considerably higher than our Harley Road King Classis. While this may not seem that big of a deal it is to her because all the pressure is now directed (her knees are mush higher than her hips) on her tail bone. Has anyone else had this problem? I have been trying to locate someone who mfg.'s adjustable brackets for the floorboards and currently have an e-mail request out to Barons Custom. Are there others who make these?
Thanks for listening

·
Registered
332 Posts
CCR1 said:
I shortend mine 2" it works good when i push the bike back they are in the way but i dont do that with her on so i flip them up. it reaaly helps her. if i was to do it again i would only go 1.5"
This would be the post I was referring too.

Moving them down moves them forward. That's why he would not go the full 2" again.

·
Registered
50 Posts

The reason we moved them down was they were to high and rolled my wifes butt up on her tail bone. our other bike had 18" from seat to floorboards and the cc was 16 so thats why we went 2 " but it also moves the slightly ahead. Where thay are she cant wear some of her boots because her heals will rub on the heat sheilds. another 1/2 will help

·
Registered
45 Posts

awsume explanation... now she doesn't feel like "it's all in your head"...
we know a guy that ownes a foundry and are considering having him make a set 1 1/2 shorter. How did the cutting and rewelding go for you? anything you would do differently? aside from not so short.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Put the new adjustable ones on mine today . Wife stills says there to high . Trying to figure how to get them lower any ideas. I have looked at the rivco adjustable one that fit a wing . anyone seen this done .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.