VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be helpful to start a thread for owners of the Cross Country since it is a new model and we might want to share any quirks or glitches we might come across. Of course there may be some raves too here and there.
I am still awaiting the call from my dealer that my new black beauty is in. They tell me it is on the list for a November ship date and December is coming up quick. Any day now.
I had seen something about trouble downshifting multiple gears, any truth to this?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'm glad to hear that might have been an isolated issue.
As more of these new bikes hit the road it'll be good to hear about this stuff not just for the owners of this model but any prospective buyers too.
Thanks for those replies.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
bchilders said:
New owner here. 2010 Midnight Cherry Cross Country. Open for discussion, questions if ya got them.
Brynn
Congrats Brynn!

I'm sure a number of us have a bunch of questions. Feel free to post your initial and ongoing reviews on the new bike. Did you add any options? And of course, how's the wind protection with the stock shield?

Of course....Pictures, Please!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Wow, some guys have their new bikes and others have their VIN numbers.
I thought I was going to get one of the first ones on the road. Wheres my phone?
Seriously congrats to those new owners and please share your thoughts with those still in waiting.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
here's mine getting off loaded from the truck. I'm not in the picture, the forklift driver however is Bill G, one of the owners of G&G. he promises this crate is my bike though.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

redpin04 said:
here's mine getting off loaded from the truck. I'm not in the picture, the forklift driver however is Bill G, one of the owners of G&G. he promises this crate is my bike though.

Fine looking crate you have there

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Nice, I love the color!! Bill is a good guy! Best of luck with the ride!!!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
i'm not so sure it's the like or dislike, but it's close to 2 grand as an adder. I can get some nice pinstriping and a lot of other accessories for that price.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Really hate to see that beautiful American made bike get forklifted by a Nissan :-(

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
it's no worse than all the 'I'd rather be riding my Harley' stickers you see on all the toyota's LOL

so far the only quirk with my bike is that you're supposed to cable tie the antenna at the base and that it was assembled on the same day when it snowed and followed by a day with a high of 26 degrees.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

It seems like I'm getting jerked around by my dealer.
When I deposited my new XC I was told that they had a ship date from the factory of Nov. 15 and that I might be able to get the bike around or just after Thanksgiving. My last inquiryof the dealer resulted in "I don't knowwhen it's being shipped." My take away is that he sold my bike to someone else or he just lied to take my deposit.
Is this common practice for Victory dealers?
Do I tell this guy that the deal's off?

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Ken I don't think Anthony lied to you . He is a very good guy ,they have always gone out of their way to provide good service to me.
Victory/Polaris on the other hand can be unreliable. When I wrecked my Vision it was getting parts from them that held up my repairs.
If you really want the CC your going to have to wait for Victory to ship it, Anthony has no control over them.
If your your going to cancel I would check with other Dealers to see if they have ordered a Black CC and expect it before the 31 of Dec to be able to get the Tax break.
http://www.zacksvtwin.com/index.htmHere is a link to Zack's he is in Hyde Park NY.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
there could be a lot of reason why your ride hasn't come in. I'd sit down with them and have a conversation maybe you'll get a real answer. However they have no control over Victory so cutting them a little slack may be in order.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Probably not the dealer's fault. Mine was scheduled for 11/09 when I placed the order. It then went to 11/13/09 when the dealer "released" it. 4 days later it was back listed at 11/09 (meaning sometime in November). on the 16th they updated the system to be 11/20/09 which is when the VIN was released to the dealer. It eventually showed up on 12/03.

I noticed the VIN was lower on mine than the 2 bikes they had received earlier in the month so I did some digging when it arrived. It was built 10/14/09 but didn't ship until 11/20/09 meaning it sat at the factory for over a month before it shipped. I then noticed on the saddle bags a date sticker of 11/15. That leads me to believe Victory is having supplier issues and the black saddle bags showed up 1 month late. I know they use a just in time logistics system so it seems their saddle bag supplier missed their dates and forced them to park completed bikes.

It doesn't help you but it looks like Victory is having supplier issues, probably traced back to conservative sales forecasts that it looks like they have shattered due to the high sales of these new models.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.