VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added a horn other than the stock one. The stock horn kinda sounds like the road runner and not loud at all!!! I'm looking at buying the Stebel horn...Any experiences out there?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have a Steibel that I am thinking of mounting to my CrossCountry but I am leaning towards two Freeway Blaster horns, a high and low at the bottom of the chin spoiler using longer bolts and a spacer on either side of the bike. Plug your relay into the stock horn wires and wire the horns to the relay and battery.

·
Registered
26 Posts

I'll be curious what ya'll work out and where you put it also. According to the owners manual the horn already had a relay. Will you need to add another?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I was not aware that the Vic already has a relay. I will try wiring it direct and see if it pops a fuse. They draw some amps.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
From what's been published so far plan on relocating your horn if you go with any alternative. Seems nothing but the stock size horn fits in the area it's located now and nothing that size makes any more noise.

I'm sure some enterprising person will figure out an alternative.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.