VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm reading that it's a good idea to replace fork seals and wipers while changing the fork oil. Ma Vic and Witchdoctors sell kits that include bushings as well, for around $110 to $130 for both sides. Does anyone have experience with a seal and wiper kit only? If they're out there, where can I find them?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wipers are built into seal. Bushing will last to 80 thousand miles
When watching videos, it shows a wiper separate from the seal. The picture of the kit also shows them separate. Unless I'm using the wrong names. The wiper is external and fits into the bottom (because the forks are inverted) of the fork leg, and the seal fits up inside the fork leg and is held in by a retaining clip. Is that incorrect?

·
Registered
266 Posts
The dust seal is seperate from the oil seal. I always use All Balls Fork and dust seal kits on my Aprilias with great luck.

Don't worry about the bushing unless for some strange reason it looks overly warn for it's in-service time.

Yes, the oil seal fits inside the leg held in by a clip. This is an easy job for an experienced DIYer. Get a fork seal driver tool set, it's an invaluable tool.

I still remember my 1st one thinking, that wasn't bad at all.

Reactions: lou8700

·
Registered
600 Posts
You van order the parts from Polaris. I just did my oil at 40 thousand miles but did not do the seals maybe next fork oil change.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You van order the parts from Polaris. I just did my oil at 40 thousand miles but did not do the seals maybe next fork oil change.
You are correct. What I've seen from Polaris is a kit with parts I won't use for between $110 and $170 for both sides. I'm wondering if there is perhaps an aftermarket kit with oil seals and dust seal/wipers only.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
I've just ordered new seal kits for the forks, as well as steering head bearings and wheel bearings. Added some speedbleeder fittings and dynobeads and I'll be doing a pretty inclusive service in a month or 2.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Who did you order the fork kits from?
I need some.

·
Registered
600 Posts
My dealer here in Ontario can get any part for a Victory except for accessories.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I just took my 2011 Cross Country in to Arlen Ness shop (Dubln, CA) to have the leaking fork seals replaced. They told me on the phone it would be around $400, so I made the appointment. I dropped the bike off and it's now $560. 3 hours labor, seal kits $89 per side, and $34 for oil. It's a big fancy place, so I guess they gotta keep the doors open.
p.s. I called the other shops in town and no one else would even do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.