VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Victory Police Motorcycles and Arizona Victory have been working on designing a Cross Series police bike, the "Commander". Here's what we've come up with so far. You can see more information at http://www.victorypolicemotorcycles.com/. Check back on the VOG for the latest updates on the New American Police Motorcycle...

Side note: The original Victory Police Motorcycle, the "Enforcer" is in use with the Tucson Police Department. Get pulled over in Tucson, AZ and it might just be by a Victory...

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
I guess the days of outrunning an H-D Police Bike are almost over! Not that I'd ever consider doing that!

Nice Job VforVictory. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
It would have to compete against & out-perform the BMW 1200. I have several cop friends that ride that BMW for the CHP. They sing it's praises all day long.

I like the look of the Victory Cross Country though. Nice job. I hope it can compete.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
BMW and Wings are the way to go. Liquid cooling and shafts help too. In a city atmosphere the 30 degree difference in ambient motor temps will cook a bike and the cop on it. For several years now BMW and Honda are replacing HD in the cities.

Imagine the difference having 180 degrees under you vs. 210 on a 95 degree day in the sun. Its major. I am at a loss to remember the specs but if the cross does not have a hydraulic clutch imagine that poor motor cops hand in big traffic all day.

It is a pretty bike though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got wordon a proposition fromMike, the owner of Arizona Victory. If you get pulled over by the Victory Kingpin "Enforcer" in Tucson, AZand also get a picture of the bike and the officer giving you a ticket Mike will give you$50towardsyour ticket. Not to encourage lawlessness or anything, but there's a bonus if someone else has to take the photo because you're in cuffs! But seriously, be safe out there.

·
Registered
807 Posts

Of course I LIKE the idea, but believe satxron's comment about the heat might be a major deterrence. However, this being an American bike has its merits as well. And I expect it would put the HD version to shame.
Besides, it's agood lookingbike.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
VforVictory said:
I just got wordon a proposition fromMike, the owner of Arizona Victory. If you get pulled over by the Victory Kingpin "Enforcer" in Tucson, AZand also get a picture of the bike and the officer giving you a ticket Mike will give you$50towardsyour ticket. Not to encourage lawlessness or anything, but there's a bonus if someone else has to take the photo because you're in cuffs! But seriously, be safe out there.
I like it!!!!! Muey Bueno Hombre!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Andy said:
VforVictory said:
Is that Police Officer attempting to find out if the new CC/CR's are inside the truck?

Doesn't he need a warrant to search the contents?
I think the conversation is going something like this:
Motor Cop: Hey - look - we have the same size feet!
Truck Driver: Hmm - your right - imagine that!
Motor Cop: I like your tennis shoes. How much were they?
Truck Driver: I don't know. A gift from my Mom.
Motor Cop: Oh. Anyway - whatcha got in the truck??
And the rest is history.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts

CONGRATS!!! to Mike Schultz & crew @ arizona Victory. You guys deserve a lot of credit for pushing the VICTORY envelope. I've seen your "1957-kingpin", Copper plated Hammer, Kingpin"ENFORCER" cop bike, & now the Crosscountry "COMMANDER" cop bike!!. I hope you guys are very sucessfull with the Victory cop bikes & your tucson & phoenix VICTORY shops, Y'all should put up all the different photos of the "Custom" Vic bikes you guys have been building for the last couple of years, It would be visual treat for the VOG members, & give your bike building talents the national exposure they deserve.
How the Vic cross bikes would compare to the bmw cop bikes remains to be tested, The PHX. cop bike trainer told me that the CHP tests showed that there was an 80% reduction in officer accidents after switching to the beemer bikes.
I'de bet money that the Vic bikes would give the bmw's a run for their $$, & easily blow-away the Harleys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.