Cross Country Air shock on a Kingpin | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Cross Country Air shock on a Kingpin

Discussion in 'Victory Kingpin' started by ENGHP, Apr 22, 2021.

1. ENGHP

ENGHP New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Kingpin
    Anyone installed a Cross Country air shock on their Kingpin? I ride solo and sometimes have a passenger. Spring adjusted for a passenger is to stiff for solo(bad back) Thinking of converting to rear air shock . I don't want to spend big $$$ on the shock. So thinking I will use a take off Cross Country.

2. tree1979

tree1979 Well-Known Member

2007 Victory Kingpin
    I had one for a while. Fit just fine, but you have to rotate the lower clevis 90 degrees. Will lower the bike, so you'll need a fender liner. You'll need to keep the pressure a lot higher than what is needed on the CC, typically around 40 PSI. Its a better ride, but not nearly as good as the Penske shock.

3. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    40 psi is about the minimum for an xc’s shock or you’ll pop the seal & she’ll start to leak. Has your stock shock ever been serviced? You’d be surprised how much difference it’ll make just adjusting the sag correctly. If ur factory shock is in good condition, no leaks ( pivots / clevises / linkages lubed ) the sag is set correctly for your weight is relatively free. If the compression cannot be adjusted a lil softer & the rebound can’t be slowed down to meet ur comfort needs changing the spring might be a cheaper option. It is possible to find a good, used CC shock but their not that great either. It’s made for a much heavier bike so is much stiffer than what you have now. Have you tried a different seat or an air hawk pad? Between a shock linkage lube / sag set & a good seat pad it may do the trick.

4. NHKingpin

NHKingpin Member

2004 Victory Kingpin
    I currently running a CC shock in mine last 2 years, not a single issue, single or 2 up. The stock shock has a lot to be desired. Agree the it will lower bike about 1" and definitely run a fender liner if you do the CC shock

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Motorbikerx

Motorbikerx Well-Known Member

2010 XC 2006 KINGPIN
    Try a Grasshopper backrest, it'll force you to sit up properly, also start doing yoga to strengthen your core muscles, I also got an AirhawkR
    No more sore back...well not much anyway'
    I actually find the stock Kingpin shock with its extra travel not too bad at all

• Like Like x 1