VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I installed my new Jurock flip shield on my 13. Then I gave her a much needed bath, polished her chrome, and even threw some wax on her. Unfortunately at the beginning of all this I found two cracks in the upper edge of the light housing. It is not leaking...yet... But it has me pretty frustrated. I don't see an impact mark on the light or the Cee Bailey light shield. Guess I'll have to keep my eye out for a new one.

Automotive parking light Grille Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Bummer. That really sucks. Looking at it do you think the cbaily placement plays a role or coincidence, being it's right there? Maybe to much thumb pressure, or somebody checking it out. Weird pressure created from protector? If I see a replacement I'll certainly let you know., I worry about that front on mine. Tried to get the protector but they wouldn't even return multiple requests. That is interesting to what actually caused that. Stay safe...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
How about a temp repair with clear two part e-poxy?

·
Super Moderator
26,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bummer. That really sucks. Looking at it do you think the cbaily placement plays a role or coincidence, being it's right there? Maybe to much thumb pressure, or somebody checking it out. Weird pressure created from protector? If I see a replacement I'll certainly let you know., I worry about that front on mine. Tried to get the protector but they wouldn't even return multiple requests. That is interesting to what actually caused that. Stay safe...
I hadn't thought about that but it that was the case I would think the other side would be similar. I need to take a closer look.

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
I have read where several others have had the cracks. At the time Vic thought it might be a stress factor or bad casting. Wait till you see a crack in your plastic gauge housing

·
Super Moderator
26,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...does it sit out in the Tx sun lots? UV makes plastic brittle : If I take my bike to work I put a fitted cover on it.
No, garage kept at home, parked under cover at work.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Damn the luck, I second the two part e-poxy. I can't check on this computer, but I have seen Vision headlight assembly's on E-Bay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.