VOG Forum banner

Cover for radio section?

849 5
So.. I have a Pioneer stereo from Azzopardi... but was having issues and decided to just bypass it completely and connect my phone directly to the amp. Its all I used anyway. I'm no audiophile, so its good enough for me.

Question: I'm gonna take the radio out (for sale when I do, if anyone's interested), but wonder what I can do with the space in the future. I sold the factory stuff that was in it before. I was basically just looking for a cool cover plate or something. I dont want to cover the 2 spaces on the side, will probably use one for a garage door opener button. Anyone do anything similar or got any opinions on options? I havent looked much, but I'm also not very creative...

Any help is appreciated...
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
So.. I have a Pioneer stereo from Azzopardi... but was having issues and decided to just bypass it completely and connect my phone directly to the amp. Its all I used anyway. I'm no audiophile, so its good enough for me.

Question: I'm gonna take the radio out (for sale when I do, if anyone's interested), but wonder what I can do with the space in the future. I sold the factory stuff that was in it before. I was basically just looking for a cool cover plate or something. I dont want to cover the 2 spaces on the side, will probably use one for a garage door opener button. Anyone do anything similar or got any opinions on options? I havent looked much, but I'm also not very creative...

the 8 ball version of the XC did not come with a radio, so there was a block off plate. You could start there and see if that is a separate part or a complete front panel for the fairing.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts

What kind of problems were you having? I just installed one of Dave's pioneers couple weeks ago. You are worrying me that I shouldn't have spent the money.
Speedometer Light Motor vehicle Gauge Car

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What kind of problems were you having? I just installed one of Dave's pioneers couple weeks ago. You are worrying me that I shouldn't have spent the money.
View attachment 597505
nnaahhhh, No worries. Honestly, I had one of the older ones, so it was hard to see in the daylight. I didn't have a good cover for it either (tried making my own), and it got wet in the rain or when I washed it. Dave had a lot of it covered in silicon though, so it probably wasn't a problem.

I kept getting an "Amp Error" message, but I dunno if it's cuz of my amp or speakers or what

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.