VOG Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I left the dealer today I stopped for a burger at a little bar n grill. Bumped into a couple guys I've known for years in the area. The one guy asked if I was still riding that nice looking white bike he saw last I bumped into him. The other guy said it looked like a nice new Indian...had to set him straight!

One rides an awesome 70's Shovel he airbrushed himself that is seriously old school, the other a 1990 electro with the 88 cube. As we talked bikes, power, upgrades etc. They asked me to pull up the dealer site. Went through some of the models, the gravitated to the Magnums and Vegas, one liked the Gunner. And once again if anyone from Polaris reads these...asked where the Kingpins were and sat jaws dropping why they no longer make them!

They saw the pricing and damn near fell off the barstools. Then we talked upgrade and cost and power gains etc.

Then they asked me if I'd go to the dealer with them. I said sure, maybe next weekend when it's dry and it'll be 16 degrees...balmy enough for a good test ride or three.

I still crack up over the Indian comment. I swear one day I'm gonna drop the tank badge and plaster a removable vinyl Indian sticker in its place just to screw with people.

·
Registered
9,400 Posts
Alright. If we can get em to sit still for a minute or two and listen, then they will come along for the ride (pun intended). Good work.

Reactions: Ampdreamer

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
I still crack up over the Indian comment. I swear one day I'm gonna drop the tank badge and plaster a removable vinyl Indian sticker in its place just to screw with people.
Damn, having it being called an Indian ain't too bad but when someone on a Harley right beside you at a set of lights asks if your XCT is a "V" rod, then you may chuckle a little..... :angel4:

• Haha
Reactions: Oldman47 and Kurbs

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Damn, having it being called an Indian ain't too bad but when someone on a Harley right beside you at a set of lights asks if your XCT is a "V" rod, then you may chuckle a little..... :angel4:
Too funny! I have had at least 6 people think my Pin was an *****. Cracks me up every time! But calling an CCT a V-Rod? Shows the guy has no clue about bikes whatsoever and should be banished to riding a Bergman!

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
I have the story of that episode somewhere on here if you want to search for it..... @Kurbs

Reactions: Kurbs

·
Registered
18,234 Posts
Too funny! I have had at least 6 people think my Pin was an *****. Cracks me up every time! But calling an CCT a V-Rod? Shows the guy has no clue about bikes whatsoever and should be banished to riding a Bergman!
It is those backass fenders, if you had a Boardy that wouldn't happen :badgrin:

I already converted one Harley Rider to a XR 8 Ball...

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:campfire_flames_md_wht:
It is those backass fenders, if you had a Boardy that wouldn't happen :badgrin:
if I had BW they would have asked me to take them to the Honda dealer. :)

:huepfenicon111:

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Think they'll still take that trip with you being Vic announced they're done?

Might get a great deal but may have a hard time finding support.

Id love a X1 but I don't believe that is going to happen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.