Cost of a New Indian | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Cost of a New Indian

Discussion in 'Indian Motorcycle General Discussion' started by posserider, Dec 24, 2013.

1. apd4209

apd4209 Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 Indian Chieftain

I have a similar problem. I was just out in the garage a couple hours ago showing it off. Had to walk thru 2 inches of fresh snow and only about 5 degrees at the time....but worth every second of it

2. posserider

posserider Member

two Harleys, one Indian Vintage

Thanks Leem. I took your advice & started charging a $10 cover fee. Things were going good until 10 cops, 4 DHS workers, two INS people, 3 lawyers & 2 judges came busting up to the front of the line. They said they had heard I had an Indian locked up in my garage & they were there to talk to him. First of all I explained it was not a him, it is a HER, secondly I wanted them to know she felt great between my legs & now that I knew which buttons to push to make her react, I was not about to let her go anywhere without a fight. Needless to say that kind of talk brought out the guns & some gibberish about a guy named Miranda. To make a long story short, they busted into my garage by driving a Hummer through the overhead door & then spent about an hour in there doing their investigation. After they left I noticed they had drunk a case of my best Grain Belt beer, eaten some squirrell leftover from our Labor Day cookout & stolen my latest NAPA girlie calendar.

Merry Christmas

ps This is all FICTION ( a JOKE, LOL, HA Ha & all that other stuff)

3. vintage1344

vintage1344 New Member

4. vintage1344

vintage1344 New Member

(EPIC) Happy Holidays too all

5. vintage1344

vintage1344 New Member

Dang, my XC is in shop today, so I guess I will have to grab my Key Fob for my Indian that I threw under the Christmas treeand ride that today. I hope it gets above freezing because I don't have all the cool heated things on my Indian that I have on my cross country. I am gonna hafta find a new Vic dealer too, what kind of dealer is not open on Christmas? Jeez.

Ok just putting it out there, I am joking. I will not look for a new dealer but the rest is true. Anybody have one of those first alert things in case I go down on the ice today that I can borrow?

6. vintage1344

vintage1344 New Member

Watched weather channel intensely today, temperature hit 32. Unfortunately wife needed things from store twice so far. Good thing I am such a loving husband. I saddled up in these freezing conditions and made that dedicated ride. We do have a large truck stop nearbybut who knows, they may not have had the items that were needed. I continued on my tireless journey to the next town down and was able to find the items both times. I must say there was a lot of traffic on the interstate and I received numerous unusual looks by many in warm cars as I passed them just slightly above the suggested speed limit on the Indian. I think it was because they understood the urgency of my situation. The things I will do for my wife is unbelievable. All in all, my odometer continues to rise. What, What's that dear? You are thirsty? Don't drink that water out of the facet, it tastes funny. I'll be right back.

Disclaimer- This thread is only a joke, so please take it as such. But man, there is some funny stuff in the quotes.

7. meeve

meeve Member

2013 XR Classic

Your Indian doesn't have tires? [​IMG]

8. vintage1344

vintage1344 New Member

This post is just for entertainment purposes only

9. Peteoz

Peteoz Member

2011 Vision ...optioned for tall...

I'm confused, posserider. Vision Nut replied...."why did you buy it if you didn't like the price. Pull up your pants and live with it"..... a humorous reply to a humorous post. [​IMG]

Pete

10. S_Clause

S_Clause Member

May I let you in on a little secret, it won't get any better in the near future either, the cost of gas, tires and oil changes with little down time for repairs, you will get little or no rest from that Indian and they will quickly add up to increase your cost.
    How deep is your Money Pit?

11. ltbiker

ltbiker Member

2017 Indian Chieftain

You guys should all move to AZ............NOT! I did a little 105-mile ride today, bundled up against the 70-degree chill......Freeze-Out LJ's, Balaclava, heavy gloves. Gotta love the Winter rides!

12. shane6727

shane6727 Member

The weather is just as brutal here in Las Vegas! At 66 deg It was so cold today I had to break out the leather gloves and jacket for my breakfast ride this morning, but hey riding in bad weather is what seperates the real bikers from the RUBs! heheeheheh
    . Congrats on the Indian and 2 all our brothers who are snowed in come to VEGAS!!!!!!!

And just to clarify for "certain members" THIS POST IS ONLY A JOKE...I REPEAT...ONLY A JOKE... Happy holidays and safe New year!

13. goatlocker95

goatlocker95 Member

2014 Indian Chieftain

Vision1344, those folks were just jeleous that you were riding a such a FINE piece of engineering. I'm sure none of them were thinking "oh my God, look at the moron riding the motorcycle!!![​IMG] At least they weren't thinking that if they were a biker too [​IMG]

Oh and as for vision_nut, don't worry about him, it's not the first thing to go over his head and I'm sure it won't be the last either [​IMG]

25 when I left for work on Elivra today. Its all good though. Gerbings is DA MAN!!! (actually I didn't have to plug in since I only have to go 5 miles to work anyway [​IMG] )

However, my CMA Chapter does it annual Guts Ride January 1st starting at Hugesville MD and going for brunch at Chesapeake Beach. Forecast is low of 25, high 37. Looking forward to it.

14. vintage1344

vintage1344 New Member

Appreciate the intel Goatlocker, but right now I'm gittin my jacket and headed to Vegas. Again just kidding. Im actually riding for all you can eat crab legs.

15. vintage1344

vintage1344 New Member

I also have alot of CMA in my riding club and got the blessed in 11 on my Vic. Going to meeting tonight and should have a few members to have the Indian taken care of.