VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a Corbin saddle on their XR or XC? I have a 2011 XR and am concerned about changing the standover height. Being a short female, it is kind of important. I can sit flat footed on the stock seat and want to be able to do the same with a new saddle. If you’ve changed saddles, did your positioning change? I’ve emailed Corbin too FWIW. Thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've got the Corbin heated seat on my Magnum and love it! It is very close to original height. It's been a long time but I don't remember feeling a difference when I swapped out the original seat. It is a lot stiffer and takes a little getting used to. I can ride all day and don't get monkey butt anymore! Good luck

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Has anyone put a Corbin saddle on their XR or XC? I have a 2011 XR and am concerned about changing the standover height. Being a short female, it is kind of important. I can sit flat footed on the stock seat and want to be able to do the same with a new saddle. If you've changed saddles, did your positioning change? I've emailed Corbin too FWIW. Thanks.
I have a Corbin but it's been fitted to my liking so I won't be much help. I do have say they are comfy as hell and somewhat fire retardant (needless to say the heat don't work anymore). I do sit lower and further back but didn't get my feet closer to the ground.

@8 Ball Vicxen is missing a few inches in the height department. She might be able to help with seat suggestions as she was trying to get a CC to fit her.

·
Super Moderator
26,093 Posts
I have a Corbin but it's been fitted to my liking so I won't be much help. I do have say they are comfy as hell and somewhat fire retardant (needless to say the heat don't work anymore). I do sit lower and further back but didn't get my feet closer to the ground.

@8 Ball Vicxen is missing a few inches in the height department. She might be able to help with seat suggestions as she was trying to get a CC to fit her.
Now ya done it! She is going to have a rubber band for ya on the ride.

• Haha
Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Registered
728 Posts
I had 2 seats actually made at the factory to fit my butt. It will move you back and lower a touch, but they can add or form the seat to you if you're there a lot easier than on the phone or with pictures. They can also do a nose job... basically making the seat a little narrower in the front. This makes it a lot easier for a shorter statured person to reach the ground. I actually had them redo my last seat after it was well broke in and comfy. My new bride kept sliding into me because of the slight slope on the passenger seat, so they changed that and did a little more to my seat at the same time. Yes, they are a very firm seat, but feel the same after a 1000 mile day as it did at the start. I've had Corbin seats on 4 different bikes now and probably 200K miles!

Reactions: jwfuchs1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.