Cop Corner 2.0 | Page 27 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Cop Corner 2.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VicVisionBulldog, Aug 31, 2020.

1. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    I see you glossed over the information I shared about Texas law. Jedi found it informative when it was incorrect so now you are both wrong.

As for that video we don't usually get to select the location and if people are dumb enough to stand back there all we can hope is the officer is good like her. All rounds found their target. Also that camera makes things appear farther than they really were.

With that and everything else I shared that you ignored I'm going back to ignoring you.

Adios.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    I understand previous arrest for resisting, felony charges and injury very well. I was being general. So, if he is a fast runner can you shoot him is my real concern?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. satxron

2006 Kingpin
    I think the guy on the video said the range was about 30 feet. Now I am punished and on ignore. Oh my goodness.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

Nope, he's wrong again guys.

No enhancement for resisting arrest, unless a weapon is used.

Obviously he doesn't know what he thinks he does.

I do like this part of the definition, "(b) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful." Basically it says fight in court and not the streets.

Somebody want to tell him he's been on ignore a long time. :rofl2: I guess he thinks I enjoy wasting my time talking to people who think they know something they really don't. :nuts: Nope!

• Like Like x 2
  5. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. KeepRidin!

KeepRidin! Well-Known Member

2008 Victory Vegas Jackpot
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. satxron

2006 Kingpin
    What choices does she have? They have serious shortfalls in revenue after riots, demonstrations, and business closures. They do have 13,000 police under contract so no cuts can happen of any significance until 2022. I think the article said attrition is a problem because the academy can't graduate enough replacements to keep up with retirement and vacated positions. My words not hers but the same thought.

Chicago's biggest problem isn't run of the mill crime. They have a good handle on that. How do you clear out 150,000 gang members is the dilemma. Luckily they seem to be shooting one another every day or so. At least that is some form of gang population control when they eat their own.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Honda Valkyrie
    Back in 2008 when the economy was going to shitt my 401k dropping like a rock, work cutting hours with no paid holidays or vacation etc. Times were tough but we tightened our belts and got through it. I remember going to vote that year and the police and firefighters were out front with signs pass this and that for their wage increases and to guarantee their pensions. I thought are you kidding me,wtf. I'm all for making sure they're well compensated but sometimes I think they can be out of touch with reality. Although I also remember the only major new construction back then was firehouses, municipal buildings etc. Ok, rant over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. satxron

2006 Kingpin
    Where I believe in police cuts is when the police fail to act. Seattle, Portland come to mind. When you are told to ignore riots and looting, and in one case retreat and surrender the precinct, I think that order is illegal. The police are sworn to uphold order/enforce the laws and protect the citizens. The politicians orders should have been ignored and the police should have done their job. Or, gone home, one or the other.

They should have crushed those riots early, prosecuted them aggressively and held control. They let politicians surrender. Rioting can never be tolerated. Arson and looting are glaring proof that the police have run away. I don't care who told them to run away but they did.

Letting a mob assault your force and burn the town as they loot the stores inventory does nothing more than make them more brave and more aggressive the next time. Riots are not demonstrations.

But, I drifted off topic from your response.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Honda Valkyrie
    I wouldn't agree with that Ron. The police need to follow orders from policies set in place. What do you think might happen to an officer that injured or killed someone going against orderers. I wouldn't want to be one of them in these crazy times. Hopefully the citizens will wake up and take back control with the power of their vote. A lot of compassionate do gooders in the safety of their suburban home 30 miles away might change their tune as reality comes knocking on their door.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Contract is a contract. The State guaranteed me a pension based on a percentage of my meager salary, if I would risk life and limb and finances for three decades, much like the military. I didn’t get to make a salary at levels my friends and siblings made as they said, “Aw, we should pay you more...”

Two paths, go for the bucks and freedom or be a 2nd class citizen dealing with what the Public doesn’t want to for security of a financial living after years of high stress interaction with societal rejects...

Electing the wrong leaders was your choice, honor the contract and live with the short-sighted selections of those that are making the wrong decisions on enforcing of the laws the people want applied. Our job was to catch them and if you want to release them on some trumped up guilt complex, there will be consequences. Handcuff those that swore to keep the peace and fail to support, those consequences will worsen...

The correction will cost you even more as the standards are lowered and old grays take an early out...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

15. satxron

2006 Kingpin
    I agree with you in one large part. If they disobey orders they may be liable criminally and with civil ramifications. That is why I said, or go home. If you are ordered not to enforce the law, go home. Stop on the way out of the area with the media and tell them the city told you to stand down. It is unsafe to stand down for us and the public. We will be heading out. Let the Mayor, Council, and Governor come stand on the line. Before doing that tell the Mayor what you are about to do.

If I was the Chief of Police I would rather be fired than forever remember when I let people firebomb buildings, break out glass and loot the city. Allowing that, you can give up your integrity in a moment and spend the rest of your life wishing you had it back.

I have mentioned Hugh Thompson over the years. He saw wrong and stopped it. He saw wrong and told about it. He paid a professional price but never in his life did he have to wonder what kind of man he was.

• Like Like x 2