Cop Corner 2.0 | Page 238 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Cop Corner 2.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VicVisionBulldog, Aug 31, 2020.

1. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2006 Kingpin
    You don't get to know my 3 adult jobs in my life. I don't share my life online. I don't need to hold out my life experiences to sound or be credible. Everything above that sentence, I have no problem with what you wrote.
    Who gets to judge if a cop is good or bad if he gets arrested? The jury, not cops. If only the cops knew right from wrong or violations of constitutional rights as a society we would be in big trouble. The public, it appears, is not capable of seeing right from wrong on a video of police behavior. I assume that is what you are saying.

When you arrest somebody the prosecutor, not a cop, presents to a grand jury, not cops, if indicted the person goes to trial. The judge, not a cop, presides over the trial and the prosecutor, not a cop puts on the case. The defense attorney, not a cop also puts on a case. The jury, not cops, rules on if the person was guilty, the police don't find anybody guilty. I just listed a lot of people that are not cops involved in just one arrest made by one cop. You seem to be saying that can't work, they are not cops.

6 Baltimore officers handled Freddie Grey. None had a single word to say. 6 didn't kill him. We know he was healthy then had a fractured back and was dead. I would say 4 or 5 of those 6 know what happened. Nope, not a word from any of them. Not a single officer testified against any of the others. I am glad you have never seen a bad cop or turned one in for being bad. But as above, there are bad cops and those that cover for them. Thankfully the bad ones are in a small minority. Its the majority that needs to police them better. Per the above it doesn't matter which cop or cops killed Freddie Grey. All six are bad once they circled their wagons to cover up a crime. A negligent homicide they swore oaths to protect against and enforce the laws that make the act illegal.

2. 13SicVic

13SicVic Well-Known Member

2013 Victory Cross Country
    As expected by me and as predicted by the Cop Corner Chief you either won’t or can’t provide anything of substance, nor have you yet to my knowledge on any post that shows what you have done or are currently doing to make a difference in society.

Insert past quote by Theodore Roosevelt.

As far as the rest of your post it was not for me or anyone else on here that ever passed their sophomore high school civics class on how our government works. Anyone on here get an education from all the rambling about how our judicial system works?

Come on man, (not to be confused with the current President) I understand your passion for this issue. Who doesn’t want to see people dying unnecessarily? We both agree it is a lose lose for everyone involved. Even when it is a justified homicide by a LE it is a lose lose. It is a lose lose for John Q Public to be involved in a deadly force encounter in his home or in public while shopping etc.

Keeping in mind that we agree on LE being held accountable, don’t forget like most do that the police generally only show up if they are called or a person is doing something suspicious in front of the LEO. That means there was an unlawful act instigating police contact. After the contact the person in one way or another is continuing with the unlawful behavior to a point of deadly force.

It seems as if your most passionate plea for justice is for an unarmed person being shot. they are not unarmed if they are fighting with an armed LEO. That is where it is all bad for everyone involved and potentially anyone in the area. The LEO has a desire to stay alive. Let’s be real, that really is their ultimate reason for fighting off the attacker. Secondly they have a duty to be there and attempt to resolve any criminal activity as safely as is possible under the circumstances, right? That is the goal

Another point I’d like to make is that your goal for people to not be victimized by LE is based on an honorable motive. It is based on a desire for justice for all equally. There probably will never be equal justice until the day the Lord returns so it is an unreal expectation. It is also subjective to the participants right? The Mother of the murderer loves her son and doesn’t want him imprisoned a second more than he already has been. The mother of the victim wants anything from death to life without parole. Depending on the evidence, how we interpret it and who we identify with most affects our decision on what justice is.

I would propose that LE have a job most don’t want or are simply unwilling to do. That in itself deserves respect, doesn’t it? My grandfather was a fireman and admonished me to get into it. I respect them because I don’t want to be expected to run into a burning building. That scares me. I’d rather deal with assholes. And in hindsight, after 30 years of it I found out my buddy Ron who is an electrician made as much money and has about the same benefit package at the end. He doesn’t get people spitting on him, threatening to kill him, his kids, his dog, his Mom, actually trying to hurt and kill him etc.

I should have been an electrician.

• Like Like x 2
  3. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    • Like Like x 1
  4. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

5. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

6. jwfuchs1

jwfuchs1 Well-Known Member

Cross Country
  7. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

I am just glad the police didn't have to shoot him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    He gave his life to save another the ultimate sacrifice!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. jwfuchs1

jwfuchs1 Well-Known Member

Cross Country
    Yep, because it would've been a hate crime performed by the officers on scene. Plus the news outlets wouldn't have said one word about the turd shooting people.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. 13SicVic

There is an old saying that goes like this. Opinions are like butt holes. Everybody has one.

That is partly for humor and it is partly to respond to your above text about opinions.

If I want to buy a house I call a realtor. If I need dental work I call a dentist. If I want to know more about how law enforcement works I call Someone from that field. Its what we all do because it’s logical.

So in response it is only logical that unless you are in that field of expertise your opinion is just that, an opinion. Most of which is based on emotion instead of facts for most people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. 13SicVic

I’m not really sure how to respond to that. It’s pretty much all over the place.

I guess I can ask what you mean by flaunting a badge?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  14. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month