Cop Corner 2.0 | Page 23 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Cop Corner 2.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VicVisionBulldog, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory Boardwalk
    Duty bound Bro and what I see is a Union Issue and not a careful review of the facts which created the delay. Add to that is the Sheriff (Left Loon) who the Governor dismissed for his handling of the situation and I can see the clock being run-out.
    • One side of me sees the Union contract is what it is and was signed...
    • The other is the dead kids because a failure in the officers duty and I don’t want him with me...
    Don’t like Unions, never worked for one, always voted against them and feel they can cause more damage than they solve. Based on the current political environment and the erosion of Law and Order in favor of chaos and false narratives, I may have to change my view.

There are number of valiant Officers being falsely charged and victimized since Ferguson and we will need to cover each other as the situation of common sense has been missing in the name of agenda...

At least the Courts are finding the truth as the accused are being found “Not-Guilty” time after time, showing the system hasn’t been gutted, yet.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jedi-mcfly

jedi-mcfly Well-Known Member

2005 kingpin
    Like @Bigfoot, Ron you are full of ideas - some are better than others, not all are winners... but I like this one.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jedi-mcfly

2005 kingpin
    Obviously not socially fit but wearing badge anyway...

Salt Lake City officer charged with a felony for ordering his police dog to attack a Black man

Salt Lake County prosecutors on Wednesday took the unusual step of filing a criminal charge against a Salt Lake City officer who ordered his police dog to attack a Black man who was on his knees with his hands in the air.

Salt Lake Police Assn. to defend 'excellent' officer charged with aggravated assault

Ryans suffered lacerations “approximately four inches wide by three inches long and approximately five inches long by one inch wide,” according to a probable cause statement.

“Our conclusion was that the conduct exceeded the bounds of lawful behavior,” said Gill, “and it became unlawful behavior, and consistent with what we observed, we filed the charge that we did.“

But the police association, representing Salt Lake officers, expressed a very different view Wednesday.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Deltaflash

Deltaflash Well-Known Member

Vision, Vrod, Vstrom

I have killed several deer with my 350 Chevy. :drive1:

I should add not on purpose. For some reason Old Blue, the name of my truck attracted them quit often.

5. jedi-mcfly

2005 kingpin
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Knew a Gal that had killed a half dozen with her Jeep Cherokee and the Body Shop loved her. Hell one night she tagged two at once and ya gotta be careful on them Georgia backroads in the evening...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Oh and I watched a buddy hit one at about 60 with his 360... Suzuki that was with rifles strapped to the sides of the bikes as we were going to the Hunting Camp. It was ugly, as I had the deer on the left side the bike, straight ahead spraying sparks and my buddy sliding on my right side and my drum brakes were crap (16 yoa and immortal) as I was downshifting frantically. Somehow I missed everything to find my buddy with chunk of his helmet gone and all scuffed up.

First thing he asked, "Did I kill it?" "I hit right behind the rib cage and it looked like at least a six point!" I said, "I don't know, just lay there!" I will get some help and flagged a car down and they went to their home and called the Troopers. The Trooper looked at my buddy and asked if he was alright? After saying yes, he went and retrieved a rifle from the trunk and asked which way did the deer go? Off he went.

Well they took him to the hospital and I arranged for the Bike and the rifle, which were trashed and all he needed was iodine and bandaging of his hands, but the Buck got away and I fixed my brakes...

• Like Like x 4
  8. Deltaflash

Deltaflash Well-Known Member

Vision, Vrod, Vstrom
    That's a heck of a hunting story. Too bad he didn't get to tag the deer. Lucky he just got scrapes and bruises. Thin 16 yr. immortals do fly and crash well. Old fat guys , not so well. LOL

I don't like to ride the first week of hunting season. The deer are all stirred up and moving quite a bit that first week.

9. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Not doing any night riding this time of year and keep a wary eye on those glowing eyes along the side of the road even in a cage...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Did see a nice Buck yesterday while riding my pedal bike in the State Park as he crossed about 20 yards in front of me. Looked like a four or six point with fuzz still on the antlers and appeared pretty confident he was safe there in the Park.

11. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    Riding snowmobiles in upper Vermont came around the corner and there had to of been over 100 deer, at first I thought I was in a preserve but there was no fences and no gates, The strangest thing was none of them got up and ran the only slowly moved out of the trail!

12. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    That is strange as you would figure the motor would have spooked them, guess they knew if you were hunting, safer to stay in front of you...:huepfenicon111:

Or the handlebars made you look like a stud buck...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    Not sure what it was but this was a major vast trail, I guess they figured they outnumber Us, Barrett 50 caliber grouping at 1000 yards, the size of a baseball.

I shot a 93 on the old 60 round qualification, So I guess you could say there’s room for improvement!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    If you shot 93 out of 60, there must have been a Blue Meanie shooting at your targets too :killerkenny: :badgrin:.

Baseball MOA with a .50 at a thousand yards, pretty awesome... Still haven't shot one. Guy offered with a single shot once, but it looked a bit rough to me and told him to cut it out.

The team was setting up for a dynamic entry demo when he fired it and I didn’t know anyone had one on the range. Scared the Hell out of me, thinking the Bomb Squad just screwed up with the prep. Damn they are loud...

A Barrett, yeah I would do that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. lou8700

lou8700 Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads, 2014 Honda Valkyrie
    We are RVing at Honey Creek State Park in Iowa right now and deer are all over the place. I hope they don't get offended by the deer backstrap I'm grilling up for dinner!

20200917_173008.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1