Cop Corner 2.0 | Page 126 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Cop Corner 2.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VicVisionBulldog, Aug 31, 2020.

1. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    YES, only one truck you could see roof. Snowmobiles and side by sides under water by 1-2 feet. I'd add pics but they aren't good, all at night. I will when get one in daylight. BIG bucks to do, so think about it before going on ice. AND DNR fines are HUGE if oil/gas in water. That's why sometimes have to do at night, and don't wait till daylight. DNR has NO sense of humor...fine doubles DAILY....trust me.

Here's a tip: READ your insurance AND the FINE print...IF it doesn't SPECIFICALLY mention your NOT covered on ice... you are. That was one consequence of new law years back stating tickets can be given on ice for speeding, dui, no DL etc just like on roadways...dumb a$$ lawmakers ...BUT did help the fisherman:crackup:Another TIP: when on ice DO NOT get near stress cracks, most follow so don't get lost at night and SPLASH

2 years ago got pick up out of Higgins Lake 32 feet down, just over $14,000 to do. (6 hours, job done and equipment put away) Insurance company called boss and asked if could lower bill, he said YES...when you lower my premium for going out on the ice with equipment and employees...they paid the bill:icon_thumleft:

We've been called to Ohio and Indiana, DNR there calls Michigan DNR and they always say call PHIL's. Last year one in Indiana...year before 3 in each state. He'll go anywhere for $$$$:biggrin:

CAUTION: That may very in your state, this applies in Michigan. When we go out of state, customer pays. Then they can turn in bill to collect...maybe.

@VicVisionBulldog ..This was last year...under driver door you can see pressure crack dumb a$$ was following
    ZA3.jpg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. VicVisionBulldog

VicVisionBulldog VOG Police Chief

Top Poster Of Month

13' Vision Tour / 08' Vision Street Premium
    I figured. I would have thought after the first two word would get out the ice isn't thick enough. Maybe that's an app I can create. Call it Ice Holes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Flyboy

Flyboy Well-Known Member

Victory Boardwalk
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  4. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    His story was exactly right, it took an hour and a half for authorization. Md. gov had them ready but couldn't send them.
    Where was his story wrong again? Its seems you deflected to another assertion of how smart you are when in fact, Lou's account of the timeline was spot on. So what lies did Lou tell to have to keep his lies straight?

• Like Like x 1
  5. snobnd

snobnd Well-Known Member

victory magnum
    Back when I was a kid I ran a tow truck homes 340, and I think it was a 570 doubleboomer.... had to pull out a few cars I have no idea how they got in the position they did, but pulling them out cause more damage than them going in.... strange how that works out.

I love the rig they use in Alaska to get vehicles out of the lake.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KeepRidin!

KeepRidin! Well-Known Member

2008 Victory Vegas Jackpot
    [​IMG]

This is why I have never been into ice fishing! Lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Known1

Known1 Well-Known Member

2013 Cross Country Tour
    I enjoy ice fishing quite a bit. With that said, I only drive my vehicle on the ice if others have already done so. I do my best to drive in the tracks of other vehicles and am NEVER a trail blazer when it comes to driving on the ice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. KeepRidin!

KeepRidin! Well-Known Member

2008 Victory Vegas Jackpot

Something about ice fishing, scares the sh*t outta me. Mainly driving a truck out on the ice. All it takes is one air pocket underneath, to weaken the ice and it could be game over!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

Looks like you were lucky being somewhat close to the shore. I would love to go ice fishing but I don't think I'll drive me truck out there.

I'll use this.
    images.jpeg-1.jpg

10. IM12STPN

Come on up, other dispatcher here rents shanties...comfy to AND he takes you to them...KNOWS where the fish are:icon_thumleft:

NOTE: I KNOW this is a "COP" thread and we've left the subject BUT LEO's need a hobby and relaxation too...glad I can add something for them to think about....SAFELY:dance:..AND where to go near me, WITH free place to stay.:icon_thumleft: (up to 4, unless floor is OK, a few more:biggrin:)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. IM12STPN

We have a tracked Arctic Cat...no cab...man that thing can go anywhere...we get snowmobiles out of unfrozen swamps almost every weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jwfuchs1

jwfuchs1 Well-Known Member

Cross Country
    The cameraman sucks. We need a better angle to judge if the girls are in the wrong. Better yet I might need to became a myrtle beach officer so I can be on thong patrol and make the actual judgment call.

From the little I could see those girls needed less clothing for evidence purposes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. IM12STPN

@jwfuchs1 AND TATTOO CHECK! Would need from a PRO:icon_thumleft:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. VicVisionBulldog

Top Poster Of Month

15. Wardogg

Wardogg Active Member

2013 Victory Jackpot
    My fellow Sheep Dogs... I need your help or rather opinion on a duty holster. If this isn't the place for this feel free to point me in a better direction.

Recently they transitioned me to a Glock 19 after carrying a H&K P2000 since 2007 and a Beretta 96D before that. I had the option to go with the Glock 47 but went with the 19 for ease of vest carrying. I'm not a huge fan of the Glock but that's for another time...

With 96D I used an issued Don Hume Level 1 MID Ride similar to this: H738-SH LEVEL I-MID RIDE [H738 - SH] - $109.85 : Don Hume Leathergoods, Simply the Best!

With the P2000 I used an issued Bianchi Model 7115 vanguard like this: Model 7115 Vanguard™ Mid-Ride Duty holster w/ Jacket Slot Belt Loop

With the Glock 19 they issued us a Safariland Model 7390 7TS like this: Model 7390 7TS™ ALS® Mid Ride Duty Holster

My standard "admin day" or "desk day" holster has been a Blackhawk Serpa CQC or Sportster GMG since I was issued the P2000. Like these:
    Serpa Sportster GMG or Serpa CQC - Matte Finish Holster

So, basically for 20 years I've carried, trained and fought with a thumb strap break (with or without pinch retention holster) or simple trigger finger release. I know them, I'm fast with them, I'm accurate and I love them. The CQC /Sport... I'm hella fast and deadly as all get out. Well, at least I think so. Now they're trying to get me to use something with "a ton" of moving parts and I loathe it to no end. Plus, for some damn reason the molding on the new holster hurts the hell out of my trigger finger when I go to draw.

I've been carrying the Glock and utilizing the new holster for about 4 weeks. I practice my draw damn near every day. Six out of 10 pulls in a controlled, calm environment are relatively smooth, but not as fast as I'm used to. My accuracy is ok to good. The other four pulls are a total Charlie Foxtrot. Now throw in some "stress" and my ratio drops to 3-4 good pulls, ok to bad accuracy, the rest FUBAR. In a fight I'm still going to win damnit... but it'll probably be because I beat you to death.

So... I'm contemplating going back to a Bianchi 7115 or maybe seeing if I can get away with a Serpa sportster at work because the meat and potatoes of our "holster" policy states:

Holster - Holster will be belt-mounted, strong side, directional draw equipped with a manually-operated retention system as a minimum-security retention requirement. The body of the holster will be constructed of leather or durable synthetic equivalent and comprised of a color approved by the respective operational component. The shank of the holster may be constructed of leather, a durable synthetic equivalent, or steel laminate and will be attached to the holster by means of bolts, machine screws or wide head rivets. Holsters merely sewn to the shank are not acceptable. The trigger guard of the handgun must be encased within the holster when the handgun is secured in place. Holsters that are consistent with the above guidance (such as the Safariland Model #6360, the Safariland Model #7360 7TS and the Safariland Model #7390 7TS) may be worn for duty use so long as they have been approved by the respective operational component.

So what do you all think? Keep working the new holster? Go back to what I know? Or try something completely different?

• Like Like x 1