Coolest place you've ever ridden | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Coolest place you've ever ridden

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Hobb, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Hobb

Hobb New Member

I'm blessed to live in Denver, so I've got the rockies to ride in, but I just got back from a two week tour of Australia and New Zealand (Sydney and Surfer's Paradise in Australia, then over to New Zealand's Rotorua). It was freakin' amazing, and my only regret is that I was stuck in a rental car and not on my bike. It just got me wondering... What's the coolest place you've ever ridden? Got pics?

2. Dave_D

Dave_D New Member

I don't know.. I think the black hills in South Dakota was the best I've been!

3. onevikesfan

onevikesfan New Member

Last summer we went into Yellowstone through Cody, WY around the lake then out the south entrance into the Grand Tetons to Jackson, WY...it was pretty cool.

4. poptop

poptop Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    09 Black Kingpin Prem rpw Thor 2 into 1. cams and ajustable timing wheel S+S intake and flash
    I have had the pleasure of many wonderful trips around the countryside and I could really not pick one special one . If I had to pick one I would have to say the next one ! But on to the real question The run from my house here in rural Alberta over to Jasper the down the byway from there to Bannf coming aback trough Drumheller would have to be right up there as every type of country you could imagine is covered .Rolling Hinterland lakes and rivers forest and wide spread valleys . emerald lakes , water falls high peaks drifting hyways with scenery to live for not to mention the high mountain Glaciers, and twisties at near the top of the world! This run is a truly remarkable get away everyone should try. I am not a camera kinda guy never have been but if I take my camera if I can find it next time I will bring some snaps.

5. bikendad

bikendad Well-Known Member

2010 Victory Cross Country
    89A, Flagstaff AZ to Sedona AZ.

6. marty

marty Well-Known Member

Vision 8 Ball/2010..blacked out pipes&wind screen,Traxxion Dynamics suspension,Lloyd's cams,controller,intake plate
    Wyoming California Montana Oregon Arizona Utha Alberta British Columbia Vermont New Hampshire Tennesee North Carolina Georgia Nevada These were nice places to ride in

7. satxron

satxron Well-Known Member

2006 Kingpin
    The southern 44 road outside Stavanger Norway in July.

8. Gossamer

Gossamer Well-Known Member

Victory Cross Country Tour
    I've been coast to coast several times. I like them all the same but for different reasons. If I had to make a list though: 1) Sequoia and Kings Canyon in California. Right next to each other. The giant trees(and the famous General Sherman) are just incredible to see. Kings Canyon is also right on top of it so it's a 2fer on a nice day long ride. 2) Northern Cascade Mountains in Washington. An absolutely beautiful day long ride. Southern Cascades can be seen on a return trip. As well as Leavenworth(a Bavarian tourist town, not the prison) 3) Yellowstone/Beartooth Pass. Have a week to spend in this park that covers two states? you'll need it. Has a little of bit everything from wild animals, hot springs, Old Faithful and really neat natural formations from mineral and sulfur deposits. 4) Grand Canyon speaks for itself. 5)Moab Utah. Arches National, Canyonlands, Goblin State Park etc. Tons to see and do here, just a few hours west, Zion and Bryce(Bryce is just awesome as well) 6)Jackson Hole,Cody and Thermopolis WY. All beautiful areas to ride in as well as Cody which is more of tourist town but has some neat nightly shows. I could go on for another hour and several pages. A lot depends on what you want to see, what you like seeing.

9. lmarshall08

lmarshall08 Member

2012 High-Ball
    +1 Riding through Custer State Park and seeing Mt. Rushmore takes my breath away every time! Awesome thread BTW!!!

10. OldGringo

OldGringo Member

01 V92C&09 Vision Tour Premium
    Will definately agree that Custer, The Needles, Badlands, Spearfish Canyon, and Rushmore are worth seeing again and again. But after having ridden The Dragon, Moonshiner28, and the Cherohala Skyway last month I'm going to vote for The Dragon. There are two different kinds of riding we all do, South Dakota is great for kicked back cruising. Deals Gap North Carolina and The Dragon are for scrape your floorboards jamming.

11. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Well-Known Member

2011 Vision
    I've ridden most of what been posted above with the exception of almost anything in Canada. Beartooth Pass was my most memorable due to the fact that I got rained on, hailed on, and snowed on all on the 4th of July, 2009.

12. c9zz

c9zz Active Member

2014 Vision & 2016 Scout
    Kancamagus Highway in New Hampshire and Rte 12 down through the Outer Banks of North Carolina to Cape Hatteras.

13. Bandpilot

Bandpilot New Member

2013 Victory Vision
    Northen Arizona is a great ride and pretty cool Cool pine areas of Northern Arizona have several great scenic rides. I just can’t mention one, there’s Lake Mary Road to Clint Wells to Strawberry Pine AZ. Flagstaff to Sedona through Oak Creek Canyon. 1983 Yellowstone Park was a pretty good ride as well. On a personal note, most people think of Arizona as Hot Desert, Tepee’s, Indians and Rattle snakes, but we have the northern part of our state which has the largest forests of Ponderosa Pines in the country. If you have been watching the news Arizona’s most beautiful forest in the north east part of the state is being lost to fire, this is truly one of the coolest places to ride in Arizona and in the country. So if you are so inclined say a little prayer for the families and firefighters and what was one of the largest and most beautiful forest of Ponderosa Pines in the country and a great place to ride in the Arizona summer. Ride Safe and Often

14. ByteN2it

ByteN2it Well-Known Member

'99 V92C & '09 Vision
    Pretty much whatever road I happen to be on at the time-I ride over Trail Ridge Road probably ten times or more a year when it's open just as a shortcut to some great fishin' spots and I never get tired of it & it always looks different. Going To The Sun Road would be at the top of my list as well as the PCH, Chief Joseph Memorial Highway, 191 in AZ was probably the most curves I went through in a day,Just rode the million dollar highway/San Juan Loop last week on a little southwest tour and it's always fun-see ya on the road, Brian a few of the Vision's resent roads traveled [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. V92SCTC

V92SCTC New Member

Victory 2000 V92 SC/TC convert
    My wife and I did a 2900 mile round trip on our bike and made a point to ride Deal's gap ( devil's tail ) , a road that goes between tenn. and n. carolina . This road numerous turns and switchbacks over an 18 mile distance. Some of the switchbacks you can almost touch your tail pipe they are so tight. It is an awesome ride , sure to thrill even the most daring riders. There is a gift shop on the Carolina side with lots of photos on the board of the ones that were going to fast and didn't make a turn, and there is the tree of shame. There is also an abundance of beautiful roadway to ride in the area, including the Smokey mountains . You won't regret going , i asure you ! Tom D.