VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andy (or anyone else that knows),

I am writing a letter to the coorperate office of Victory with regards to a dealership. Do you know who is the contact person at Victory with regards to an official complaint letter?

Mailing address?

Email?

Any information would be great

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Good luck!!!!! You'll need it!!!!! I've emailed & emailed. I've nearly formed the opinion
Victory Motorcycles HQ is a mirage - doesn't exist - just a dream - a figment!!!!

Ha-ha ...... LOL! Let us know if you have any success.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
There's a thread that has the contact information...but I don't remember which thread it is. (If someone finds it, feel free to post the link). Sorry. But, a quick web search found this:
http://markets.ft.com/tearsheets/businessProfile.asp?s=US:pII

Here's the address listed on the factory website:

Polaris Industries, Inc.
2100 Highway 55
Medina, MN 55340

In terms of the Dealership issues, do you care to share it with us? There's some great minds here and possibly someone may be able to provide some input or assistance.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Reds3012783 said:

I am writing a letter to the coorperate office of Victory with regards to a dealership. Do you know who is the contact person at Victory with regards to an official complaint letter?

Mailing address?

Email?

Check your PM and be respectful, it will get you further...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
dsjr70 said:
Reds3012783 said:

Mailing address?

Email?

Check your PM and be respectful, it will get you further...
+1 on respectful. Grammar and spelling too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Short cliff notes version of the dealer experience:

I had two bikes for trade in
1) 2007 Kawasaki Meanstreak Special Edition
2) 2002 Honda Rebel

I contacted the dealership (little hesitate to give dealers name -- but located in Indianapolis) with regards to a NEW 08 bike for 13307.

We agreed that my bikes on trades in were worth: 1) Kawa - 5100 2) Honda - 1200.

I live in 2.5 hours away from dealer, so I drove down there to make this deal (had to take a day off from work to finish the deal). As I get to the dealership they inspect the bike and nothing mechanically was wrong, but the GM/VP of the dealership tells me that we can no honor the original amount on the Kawa ($5100). They offered me only 4000. So I felt I was a victim of a "bait and switch" transaction. The only reason the dealership gave me for lowering the agreed amount was "This bike is unique color...and will be hard for me to sell".

My thinking...
The Kawa MS SE is not a CUSTOM BIKE or in color. Its just a special edition...black and red with no chrome. Why would a dealer make an agreed amount, and then change the deal, when they KNEW BEFORE I drove down, the color of the bike? Does seem right to me.

I still went through with the purchase because simply I wanted the bike.

I am going to write to Victory Motor sports about this dealerships shady tactics and overall unethical business practices. Maybe they can do something about this kind of dealer...

Any suggestions for help

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Rock and hard place, old words come to mind, buyer beware. Perhaps (in retrospect) you should have emailed the dealer pictures and asked ofr the deal in writing prior to heading down there.

Bottom line in my mind and it's your words not mine,
"I still went through with the deal because simply I wanted the bike"

If you did not get the 5 year warranty papers and the advertised "factory rebate" of $2500 you have a leg to stand on or subject for complaint. Otherwise, in my opinion, the dealer simply did what most all dealers do. You had the option of walking and chose not to.

I've had car dealers tell me the same thing about car colors most notably when I was trading a Mercedes a few years ago. I walked out and went to another dealer and got the deal I wanted.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thing is, I do have the original quote in writing, VIA an email. I will attach the email when I send my complain to victory.

Ill keep everyone posted of this.

I still love the bike, went out riding today! How bout this weather...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hey Reds, I also have a complaint with a Victory dealer in the Indy area. I wonder if it is the same one?

For everyone. Don't forget to register your complaints with the Better Business Bureau. Most metro areas have them but not enough of us use them. All to often when we have a bad experience, we ***** a little, tell our friends but that's about it. Too often we feel helpless but we shouldn't. Along with contacting the BBB don't forget to write a letter to the editor of the local newspaper.

These things may not change our situation at the time but it can sure let the dealer know that screwing a customer is not going to go unreported.

·
Registered
58 Posts

Prior to buying my Kingpin Tour last year I emailed Melbourne Victory some photos of my '96 model Royal Star with a past history. Did the same with the Harley dealers and Victory came back with an offer around what I was hoping for. Harley were $2,000 less.
No hassles with Melbourne Victory. They honored the original offer and I rode out with a new Midnight Cherry Kingpin Tour. The Melbourne dealership was established by Victory and I believe it is the only one of its kind in the World.
Summer is just round the corner so must go riding!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Putter said:
Hey Reds, I also have a complaint with a Victory dealer in the Indy area. I wonder if it is the same one?

For everyone. Don't forget to register your complaints with the Better Business Bureau. Most metro areas have them but not enough of us use them. All to often when we have a bad experience, we ***** a little, tell our friends but that's about it. Too often we feel helpless but we shouldn't. Along with contacting the BBB don't forget to write a letter to the editor of the local newspaper.

These things may not change our situation at the time but it can sure let the dealer know that screwing a customer is not going to go unreported.
Good point on the BBB andin some cases your state's Attorney General .

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also had about the same thing happen at a Indy dealer when I got my 04 tc from them. and I think they tried the same thing when I traded for my 08 kingpin this year. I didnt go for it and they got a lot better on the trade.

·
Registered
224 Posts

stilcrazee said:
Rock and hard place, old words come to mind, buyer beware. Perhaps (in retrospect) you should have emailed the dealer pictures and asked ofr the deal in writing prior to heading down there.

If you did not get the 5 year warranty papers and the advertised "factory rebate" of $2500 you have a leg to stand on or subject for complaint. Otherwise, in my opinion, the dealer simply did what most all dealers do. You had the option of walking and chose not to.

I've had car dealers tell me the same thing about car colors most notably when I was trading a Mercedes a few years ago. I walked out and went to another dealer and got the deal I wanted.
Wait.. what's this about a $2500 rebate? I bought my '09 Kingpin a few months back.. in Aug/Sept timeframe.. I wasn't told anything about $2500 rebate, just a $500 in free parts deal. Hmmmm..

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
BellesAZ said:
stilcrazee said:

Wait.. what's this about a $2500 rebate? I bought my '09 Kingpin a few months back.. in Aug/Sept timeframe.. I wasn't told anything about $2500 rebate, just a $500 in free parts deal. Hmmmm..
It may not have been in effect at the time and I think it applies to 08 and older. Check Vic's website under oiffers/promotions.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
stilcrazee said:
BellesAZ said:
stilcrazee said:

It may not have been in effect at the time and I think it applies to 08 and older. Check Vic's website under oiffers/promotions.
2500 was only for the 08 Vegas... You have to read the really fine print.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
dsjr70 said:
stilcrazee said:
BellesAZ said:
stilcrazee said:

2500 was only for the 08 Vegas... You have to read the really fine print.
Thank you sir.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.