VOG Forum banner

considering a cc

3788 19
This is my first post. However I have read a lot here about the cc. Actually several hours was spent discovering a few answers I had. Most were answered.
I went to my local dealer to check on a trade and see it in person. my experience was a good 1.
I have several bikes and had planned on trading in my Ultra Classic. that will not happen but they were straight up and honest about things. That I am happy with.
i do like the looks of the cc and the feel seems good. Couldn't get a test ride as they did not have a demo bike.
The 1 experience I had which was most likely a first was the parts department. Since I will be keeping my ultra I am unable to get all the accessories I wanted at this time. My accessories list was close to $7,000. We are considering going ahead and getting the bike with only the trunk as a accessory. The parts guy said he would honor my discount for 90 days. he dropped the price on the $7,000 to $5,400. he is letting me get the trunk for $1,389.
They offered me the cc out the door for $17,000 with out the trunk.
now I have to move things around to get it in my shop with the other 4 bikes. Goldwing, Ultra Classic, VTX 1800 retro, and a VTX 1800 c. When will I ever stop this crazy buying.
oh well

dd
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone had a photo of lower fairings on a cc that had adjustable vents. i found out today it is in fact a Victory part. I was unable to get he part number but it will be available on Oct. 28
It fits in the crash bar like a Ultra does. It also has small storage spaces.

just a thought
dd

·
Registered
210 Posts
I traded my VTX1800S for my CC. I owned the X for over four years and I put over 25k on it. I'm glad I traded for the CC. That's a great price for the bike. I'd pay the extra and get the trunk, while you're at it.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
dirtdobber said:
Someone had a photo of lower fairings on a cc that had adjustable vents. i found out today it is in fact a Victory part. I was unable to get he part number but it will be available on Oct. 28

just a thought
dd
That part doesn't exist YET. It was shown on pre-production prototype pictures circulated more than 6 months prior to the initial release of the 2010's via some focus groups. Most everything else in those photos has come to pass so I hope it's only a short time until that part becomes available too.

·
Registered
466 Posts

I picked my 2011 black up last Fri night, put a 1000kms on it then I did another 600kms yesterday
LOVE the BIKE, the handling etc, No trunk for us, wife ridea a 2010 KP8BAll
but I did grab the quick release backrest.
A better rumble out of the stage1 would be great but its getting there allready
I too look forward to possibility of hard lowers but know they will likely have to come off in summer months, just hope they look right on the bikes when they come out
Waiting for the GREAT CANADIAN KEVIN X trip to EDMONTON AB

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

What color is the XC bike for $17000? Does the Out-the-door include taxes, prep, freight, etc? Stuff added on for $5400 instead of $7000 is about 22-23% discount. See if you can get this discount for a period of time - say 6 months or a year.
What is this dealers name? If they seem so good, perhaps you should give them an internet compliment for their effort.
Would the dealer accept any of the other bikes in trade? It might be worth the time to find out.
curious.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is the blue and yes that is out the door with taxes etc.
The parts guy there is on commission and he said I will beat any 1 prices any time period.
It is Cycle Nation in Huntsville, Alabama.
They are a cooperative and they told the dealers to get the bikes on hand out the door.
They have been straight up about everything. dd

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mjw930 said:
dirtdobber said:

just a thought
dd
That part doesn't exist YET. It was shown on pre-production prototype pictures circulated more than 6 months prior to the initial release of the 2010's via some focus groups. Most everything else in those photos has come to pass so I hope it's only a short time until that part becomes available too.
They will have 100 on Oct. 28th per Victory. The dealer called them yesterday and said it would be shipped then if already on order.
So if you are interested get it on order, is all I can say. I am only a messenger.

dd

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
dirtdobber said:
mjw930 said:
dirtdobber said:

just a thought
dd
They will have 100 on Oct. 28th per Victory. The dealer called them yesterday and said it would be shipped then if already on order.
So if you are interested get it on order, is all I can say. I am only a messenger.

dd
First I've heard about the part being available. Any pictures?

·
Registered
77 Posts

The three main dealers in the St Louis area will not budge off the $17,999 price. I tried to trade my 07 JP in on a 2010 CC and the best offer I could get on a trade was $9,500. I was more than upset with there offer as the JP has been chromed outand thebike is in perfect condition. If I could have got the CC for $1700 and at least $12,500 for my JP I would have done the deal and been satisfied.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
smh07 said:
The three main dealers in the St Louis area will not budge off the $17,999 price. I tried to trade my 07 JP in on a 2010 CC and the best offer I could get on a trade was $9,500. I was more than upset with there offer as the JP has been chromed outand thebike is in perfect condition. If I could have got the CC for $1700 and at least $12,500 for my JP I would have done the deal and been satisfied.
I have been down the road of a snobby dealer. My local one only sings MSRP, no discounts, and crappy salespeople. Soooo, I started looking elsewhere.
If folks would publish more of what kind of deals they get, then there would be pressure on other dealers to make some effort to change their tune. Here in ID there are 2 Vic. Fuel-it Demos back to back at different dealers. I will compare notes to see who does what or offers what.
I already know that 'Dealer A' sold a bike for under MSRP and gave 30% discount on parts/accessories. Now this same dealer salesman is saying 10%. Salesman gives me the "buy-it-now" pressure. Another member told me what he paid and what he got from 'Dealer A', so I have a tendency to believe him. Something is fishy methinks.
'Dealer B' just sings the MSRP tune and ignores people. It seems that they don't care what a prospective customer will do or where he may go.
On top of that, the same distance of 240 miles south to SLC has'Dealer C'offering an identical bike for $1000 less as a starting point - plus the $1000 discount. I could not afford it at the time of the Demo deal there so I waited. (I don't do payments) If the dealers here don't want to offer something, fine. I'll just take my little pile of $100's and go elsewhere. It would be a pain to have to ride it back with the break-in procedures, but it can be done.
The demos are next weekend, so we will see what happens...
eta moya dva rubles

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is what my HD dealer tried to pull on me when I was thinking of a 2011 CVO ultra 110. He said he has marked them up $1,000 over msrp and was selling them as fast as he could get them.
That is why I looked at the cc. I just got home with it and I am impressed with the ride and mpg. In fact I was shocked at my mpg. 1 mile on the bike and I averaged 49.95 mpg going home.
I like all the features it has by pushing the trip button. The radio is good, can hear it just fine but the buffeting has to go. Not real bad mind you but some changes needs to be made.

I should have bought this 1 a lot sooner.

dd

·
Registered
18 Posts
smh07 said:
My dealer gave me $12,000.00 for my 06 Ness Jackpot and sold me my 2011 XC for $16,900.00 (shop around)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.