VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I'm offended. Not by the name or anything just that you didn't already know about it. I believe this is the last one they are making. I remember reading they are switching to electric bikes.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm offended. Not by the name or anything just that you didn't already know about it. I believe this is the last one they are making. I remember reading they are switching to electric bikes.
I figured I'd be a little outdated. Now that I'm looking at the similar threads this one has produced I feel like I've been living underneath a rock.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I figured I'd be a little outdated. Now that I'm looking at the similar threads this one has produced I feel like I've been living underneath a rock.
I just noticed they threw in free delivery! That ought to sweeten the deal a little.

·
Premium Member
14,192 Posts
First thought jw.....BIG ROCK :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: jwfuchs1

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
Man I shot coffee through my nose when I read the price! $155,000 for a machine that is so f*cking ugly you have to sneak up on it just to ride it?!? No thanks. Who knows, it may ride better than it looks... you know what, it's so ugly it doesn't matter! :badgrin:

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Man I shot coffee through my nose when I read the price! $155,000 for a machine that is so f*cking ugly you have to sneak up on it just to ride it?!? No thanks. Who knows, it may ride better than it looks... you know what, it's so ugly it doesn't matter! :badgrin:
Let's see, that's SIX $25,000 bikes. It would be impossible for that bike to be more fun than 6 bikes... it ain't THAT f**kin' good.

·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Whichever way one looks at that thing, it hurts the eyes bad.... What an ugly looking piece of machinery.... Looks like it could have come out of one of Arlen Ness's nightmares. It sure does make some of his abominations look cool......

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
View attachment 346153

He ain't the only one and at half the price...

Keanu Reeves' side project: Building $78,000 motorcycles - CNBC.com
CNBC › 2016/07/13 › keanu-reeves-side...
Jul 13, 2016 - ... of his roles. Now he's doing the same with his business venture - making motorcycles. ... Actor Keanu Reeves, left, and Gard Hollinger have teamed to create Arch Motorcycles,. Wally Skalij ...
That bike interests me, but not at that price. I could build one from scratch for $30K easily.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
View attachment 346153

He ain't the only one and at half the price...

Keanu Reeves' side project: Building $78,000 motorcycles - CNBC.com
CNBC › 2016/07/13 › keanu-reeves-side...
Jul 13, 2016 - ... of his roles. Now he's doing the same with his business venture - making motorcycles. ... Actor Keanu Reeves, left, and Gard Hollinger have teamed to create Arch Motorcycles,. Wally Skalij ...
Now we are talkin'. It's still way too expensive at $80,000 but at least it's a nice looking machine that apparently performs well. I would really like to give one a go and see what it's like. Moot point though because I would never even consider buying one at that price even if I had the money.

The chief designer at Confederate hopped over to a new company, Vanguard Motorcycles and they have come up with something that is slightly less disgusting

That is a nicely integrated S&S 117ci engine. This bike starts at $30,000. Not horrible. It has nice components. Would I buy one? Not likely. But it is a nice step up from that hideous POS we just saw! 125K less, too.

Reactions: Flyboy

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
I
Now we are talkin'. It's still way too expensive at $80,000 but at least it's a nice looking machine that apparently performs well. I would really like to give one a go and see what it's like. Moot point though because I would never even consider buying one at that price even if I had the money.

The chief designer at Confederate hopped over to a new company, Vanguard Motorcycles and they have come up with something that is slightly less disgusting

That is a nicely integrated S&S 117ci engine. This bike starts at $30,000. Not horrible. It has nice components. Would I buy one? Not likely. But it is a nice step up from that hideous POS we just saw! 125K less, too.
I like it...

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
If I wanted good reliability in a Harley I'd buy whatever HD tripped my trigger then put one of the S&S 124 engines in it matched up with a Baker transmission to have a near bullet proof drive train.

The belt and pulleys would have to go though so back to the chain gang for reliability. The "O" ring chains are pretty good these days though and they don't sling oil and grease like the chains of yesteryear did.

Basically HD would provide the chassis; S&S and Baker would provide the good stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.