VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The inside of the clear radio faceplate is full of condensation on my new XC, probably from washing the bike. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I have a Vision and never had that problem, but I do have it with my Toutech and it disappears after an hour in the sun. So if nothing is shorting you may want to set it in the sun for awhile...

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
not too cold to ride right now but been too cold to think about washing it.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to wash this black bike daily, it's making me nuts!!

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem is we have a very dusty parking lot at my work. My bike basically gets trashed everyday, so I have to blow it off and or rinse it. I'm taking her in for the 500 mile service Saturday, will see what the service department has to say about the condensation as it doesn't seem to be going away.

·
Registered
36 Posts

I know what you mean, would drive me crazy to even sit on a bike with a dust covered tank
:(
Problem isn't the washing as much as it is bringing it into a warm environment from a cold one and spraying it with warm water

·
Registered
167 Posts

When I picked my XC up from the dealer yesterday it already had moisture inside the faceplate!!!
Did yours clear up on its own? I may ask for a new one on warranty.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jophez said:
When I picked my XC up from the dealer yesterday it already had moisture inside the faceplate!!!
Did yours clear up on its own? I may ask for a new one on warranty.
Yes, it clears up on it's own. Just happens when you wash it and there's difference in temp which makes condensation on the inside of the lens. I havn't had any problem since it warmed up a bit.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
you think I need to wash my bike? Let's just say if your GPS tells you to take Parson's Branch Rd to US129 in TN DO NO DO IT!!! unless you're on a dual sport of some sort.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.