VOG Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue 2011 XC on way. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! Been riding for years and just sold my VTX 1300 R. Nice bike but wanted more!
Debating on the lower's. Do they work? I want some breeze but want to be able to hear radio and not have my eyes watering because of wind.
Also trying to determine best option for more bark out of pipes. I'm seeing a lot of different ideas. Don't need more power but want more BARK!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Clearly you are very smart, getting a Victory, and Blue color to boot. Can it get any better.

·
Registered
844 Posts

Its a great bike,rode one at my dealer last weekend.I would recommend the lowers as the air will rise from under the fairing and create the buffeting between you and the windshield.
enjoy the new ride and post some pics.
scott,

·
Registered
13 Posts

Hello,
I've had my new Blue '11 Cross Country for just over a week and it's great! Nice choice I say!
I just had my 500 mile service done on Friday and had the Ness Big Honker exhaust and fuel tuner etc. installed. I think they sound Great! I can't compare the sound to most others though as I have no experience with them except for the factory stage 1, which I think the Honkers sound much better.
As far as the lowers go, don't know but like you am considering my options there as well as a somewhat taller windshield.
Best of luck to you on your new ride!

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have a blue XC. Bought it last month. Traded in a Nomad 1500 and I am very happy with my choice. XC handles much better, also quicker response. I went on a 220 mile round trip run (2stops), myback did not hurt and wifedid not have a numb ass!!
Just went over 500 miles and getting RPW pipes with Power Commander (waiting for them to show at dealer, dealer talked me out of stage 1). I have been told that Ness Honkers or RPW is the way to go (there is some extra HP and torque with the exhaust). I will be getting a 13" dark windshield (I am 6' tall) and looking to get 2" further back on the handle bars. This will allow me to sit back further.
I am very happy with the XC. I have been riding with a group of friends and all of them have H-D's. The only one who can keep up with me is a Screamin Eagle 110. I get a lot of positive comments from other riders. Yeah, it feels good.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
poochie bear:
r u doinf stage 1 or just exhaust. i keep hearing different guys comments. some say do it others say not necessarily. what to do?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Youhave to get the stage 1 upgrade (computer download, larger intake) get a rebate for not getting exhaust inserts. Instead, going with RPW inserts (extra $350).
Computer download takes care of advancing the spark (larger intake and exhaust). The Power Commander was purchased to prepare for Lloyd's cams and high compression pistons in the future. I also want to be able to tinker!!

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
If you want to hear the radio on the highway and not get buffeted to the point of having your eyeballs bounce in your head, you need a taller w/shield and I recommend the kewlmetal winglets that go on the upper crash bar.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I put memphis shade lowers on my '11 blue CC they look better than the vic lowers IMO and they did the job the first weekend we had the bike on our 3day 1450mi ride (the sheep skin kept wife happy, no swet in 95degree+ days). we also put on the too tall windsheld need to have it cut down a little. YouWILL enjoy the ride. Don't forget the pump for the shock.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
do a search, pretty easy to make yourself. Visit the Cross Country section at the VMC download the template, but the $50 memphis shade mounts and $10 for a sheet of lexan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.