VOG Forum banner

Cold weather riding boots

4175 Views 31 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  foambuilder
Does anyonehave a great set of cold weather riding boots that they would highly recommend? I curently use my reqular boots with a thick pair of cold weather hiking socks. Gotta be something better. As alwys a picture is worth a thousand words. A link even works for me. Thanks for your time.
Enjoy the chilli riding! (it was 34 this morning and I got 71 miles one way to work)
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
5,865 Posts
phoenix9 said:
SammyJ said:
redpin04 said:

these look warm
If nothin' else these babies are stylin'! Are they fire-proof too?
I got $50 bucks for the first guy who pulls up at Daytona bike week with these bad boys and wears 'em all day.....with their jeans tucked into them.
Ha-ha!!! And a PINK sweat band like the "Mayhem" dude in the insurance advertising!!

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
ManWithAVision said:
Alpinestars are warm and totally waterproof. Not cheap though. Usually go for between $250.00 & $300.00 at the shows here in Canada.
When it gets really really cold here in Toronto I've been known to ride with a pair of thirty dollar winter lace ups from Walmart. They are good below the freezing mark when worn with thermal socks.
I have been looking at Alpinestars but didn't know if they were worth the money. It sounds like they are. I don't mind spending money on quality products that I only have to buy once.
All the boots people have been recommending look quality - except for maybe the Moon Boots!

· Registered
206 Posts
SammyJ said:
ManWithAVision said:
Alpinestars are warm and totally waterproof. Not cheap though. Usually go for between $250.00 & $300.00 at the shows here in Canada.
When it gets really really cold here in Toronto I've been known to ride with a pair of thirty dollar winter lace ups from Walmart. They are good below the freezing mark when worn with thermal socks.
I have been looking at Alpinestars but didn't know if they were worth the money. It sounds like they are. I don't mind spending money on quality products that I only have to buy once.
All the boots people have been recommending look quality - except for maybe the Moon Boots!
Those BMW boots look very similar to my Alpinestars except for a couple of minor design variations and that BMW logo. They even have the same interior lining. I find with the lower deflector deployed on the Vision, and your feet next to that big two cylinder furnace, cold feet aren't that much of an issue.

· Registered
513 Posts
SammyJ said:
skisby said:
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...n&catId=&productId=p3548711&leafCatId=&mmyId=

I picked these up last winter & they were great for early spring & now that the fall is here. Bit warm for work though so I can't wear them as much as I'd like!
Ihave boots like these and they are fine for fall/spring but I plan on riding into December and am wondering if they will be warm enough.
These have a lining, not like my old HH, one of the few parts not cold on this morning's 34 degree ride in. God bless you but I'm not going to be riding to work much more at those temps - beautiful ride home though in the upper 50's

· Registered
2,505 Posts
Was playing around and found this article that might help make your decision. It's more about waterproof, but if they are waterproof they should be warmer as well http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessoriesandgear/waterproof_motorcycle_boot_comparison/index.html

· Registered
1,244 Posts
ROFLOLOL NONONONO and DOUBLE NO on the Moon bootsROFLOLOL WARNING HIJACK COMING!! but real funny story I used to work at an Italian Resaraunt (Bachhis) in Tahoe. Well I would always have my old dog Panda with me. She was a big white fur ball with a black spot on her. Anyhoo... I'm serving these people and OMG I see this big fur ball under the table and thought it was my dog!! It turned out to be this ladies furry white boots and thank gawd before i grabbed em thinkin it was Panda she moved & I say, OOOOOHHH Hoooow's your dinner? Poor Panda died at 17yrs old after bein raised on meatballs from Bacchis!! Bottom line is wear good boots or I may grab your leg LOLOL

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.