VOG Forum banner

Cold weather riding boots

4172 Views 31 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  foambuilder
Does anyonehave a great set of cold weather riding boots that they would highly recommend? I curently use my reqular boots with a thick pair of cold weather hiking socks. Gotta be something better. As alwys a picture is worth a thousand words. A link even works for me. Thanks for your time.
Enjoy the chilli riding! (it was 34 this morning and I got 71 miles one way to work)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all so far for the tips. I tried the Heavy wool socks over dress socks this morning. I have a 71 mile ride and it dipped to 33 degrees F this morning. I wear pull on boot, (non insulated) and I was pretty comfortable. I like the other boot suggestions - thanks for the input and keep the suggestions coming!

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

· Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
ManWithAVision said:
Alpinestars are warm and totally waterproof. Not cheap though. Usually go for between $250.00 & $300.00 at the shows here in Canada.
When it gets really really cold here in Toronto I've been known to ride with a pair of thirty dollar winter lace ups from Walmart. They are good below the freezing mark when worn with thermal socks.
I have been looking at Alpinestars but didn't know if they were worth the money. It sounds like they are. I don't mind spending money on quality products that I only have to buy once.
All the boots people have been recommending look quality - except for maybe the Moon Boots!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.