VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a 2013 Vision with the Hydraulic clutch.
I have 2 issues:
1) Currently a bad case of tennis elbow is causing great arm pain when pulling the clutch lever
2) I have small hands and would find it useful to have the clutch lever a bit closer to the grip.

Has anyone had any luck reducing the pull tension on the lever, and has anyone found an adjustable clutch lever on the Vctorys with Hydraulic clutches?

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
The Vision clutch is about as easy a pull as you're going to have a a Vic.

Short of bending the slave mounting bracket there is NO adjustment.

A thorough cleaning and lubing of the clutch lever pivot bolt and bushings could be of benefit. Be careful not to over tighten the pivot bolt.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
For what it's worth I have tennis elbow too and got an injection almost a year ago and can hardly feel it now at all. No problems.

You can also buy the electric shifter kit for about $1100.00 U.S. on eBay and not use the clutch at all, at least from my understanding of it. But the Vision is pretty easy pulling. Get the shot and enjoy life even more. Ride on brother...

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
if you go to youtube you'll find a bunch of exercises for tennis elbow that may work. i suffered years ago with a bout of it and i was surprised to still find this video on there but here it is . simple as can be but it worked for me, now as soon as i feel the slightest issue i just do these again but it is very rare. good luck with the elbow , and a far as the clutch goes just be mindful your not holding it in for nothing, that's what neutral is for. you can use anything really. i started with a golf club ( putter, its in my livingroom all winter :) ) then worked my way to a 2 lbs hammer,,, your choice. :ride:

Reactions: BoilerMan

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
Every Vision I've ever ridden the clutch lever didn't reach the friction point until almost fully released. That drives me crazy but something you get used to I guess. If someone came out with an adjustable lever I bet they would sell a lot of them.

I have heard of a few people that actually put a cable system on their Vision to get the clutch feel they wanted. Doesn't make it easier to pull though.

·
Registered
284 Posts
You can also buy the electric shifter kit for about $1100.00 U.S. on eBay and not use the clutch at all, at least from my understanding of it. But the Vision is pretty easy pulling.
Not quite. You still have to use the clutch to start and stop. All electronic shifters do is shunt the ignition for a split second to allow clutchless shifts. There is a sensor in the kit that goes on the shift pedal that is hooked up to the ignition to facilitate it. When you apply pressure to the shifter, it shunts the ignition and you just bang it into gear. I had option that on my BMW R1300S.

The only true way to get rid of the need for the clutch lever is to have some one like EFM modify it to a "auto" clutch. Centrifugal force is used to lock up the plates. At idle, not enough force to close the plates and lock up, as soon as you apply throttle the "wedges" in the auto clutch are forced out (due to the centrifugal force) and that is what locks the clutch up. Then you don't need a lever any more. I run auto clutches on my dirtbikes and I know they make them for HD's, but I have never seen one for Voctory's, but EFM can pretty much make any clutch into an auto.

EFM Auto Clutch | The Auto Clutch Expert

EFM Auto Clutch | FAQs

·
Registered
10 Posts
For what it's worth I have tennis elbow too and got an injection almost a year ago and can hardly feel it now at all. No problems.

You can also buy the electric shifter kit for about $1100.00 U.S. on eBay and not use the clutch at all, at least from my understanding of it. But the Vision is pretty easy pulling. Get the shot and enjoy life even more. Ride on brother...
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF SHOT SO I CAN ASK MY DOC TO GIVE ME =BROTHERWIND?

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Your MD will either administer it in his office or give you a prescription for a cortisone shot done in a clinic. The site of the shot will be sore for a few days but the actual pain site will subside greatly if not totally disappear. I used to get shots in both elbows, tennis elbow and golfers elbow depending which elbow is affected. I play neither games. Last shot was in the early 90’s and no issues since.

Reactions: JESSE JAMES

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@Figment Unfortunately for us, no one makes adjustable levers for the Vision. LSL made a an adjustable set for the Cross, but not for the Vision because of the stupid Hydraulic clutch. The clutch system on the Vision is one of the few things I don't like about the bike. The pull is OK for me, personally, but I don't like how weak the clutch pack is, I don't like where the friction zone is and I really don't like that the lever is not adjustable.

If only there was someone who could "reform" our levers like the Motorman has his done. Now that I'm thinking about it, I may put in a call to the company if I can find it and see if they can do the same for me if I supplied them with a fresh lever. You never know until you try! I'll let y'all know what I find out!

Short of this, converting to a cable clutch could be a reasonable option. Then we might have a shot at getting adjustable levers, too.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
So what shape are you looking for? If it’s a situation where heating and bending the lever to shape it the way you want, an excellent machine shop that heat treats metals would be able to do it. Check around. I don’t know the metal used for the levers. Pure aluminum or some alloy I suppose are the probable materials.

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@1stVictory Hey Jim, the shape of the lever is OK. It's the distance from the bar. My left hand is all F'd up and sometimes this lever gives me some trouble. My other 2 bikes have adjustable levers and so they are just fine. What the Motorman does is have his clutch lever reformed a little so that the lever is closer to the bar. That is all I would need.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
@1stVictory Hey Jim, the shape of the lever is OK. It's the distance from the bar. My left hand is all F'd up and sometimes this lever gives me some trouble. My other 2 bikes have adjustable levers and so they are just fine. What the Motorman does is have his clutch lever reformed a little so that the lever is closer to the bar. That is all I would need.
As I mentioned, a good machine shop should be able to form the handle for you With heat. They are basically cast aluminum and bending cold will break them. But not too close or complete disengagement may not occur.

Reactions: Ghostrider25

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Hi all. I have a 2013 Vision with the Hydraulic clutch.
I have 2 issues:
1) Currently a bad case of tennis elbow is causing great arm pain when pulling the clutch lever
2) I have small hands and would find it useful to have the clutch lever a bit closer to the grip.

Has anyone had any luck reducing the pull tension on the lever, and has anyone found an adjustable clutch lever on the Vctorys with Hydraulic clutches?
EFM Autoclutch - Automatic Motorcycle Clutches - EFM Auto Clutch - The Auto Clutch Expert

·
Registered
270 Posts
So what shape are you looking for? If it's a situation where heating and bending the lever to shape it the way you want, an excellent machine shop that heat treats metals would be able to do it. Check around. I don't know the metal used for the levers. Pure aluminum or some alloy I suppose are the probable materials.
Seems to me the cable has to travel a certain distance to fully engage/disengage. Bending the lever so that it is closer to the grip limits this travel and, therefore, wouldn't function properly.
Could be wrong.
Here's a thought for some of you "engineer" types. How about a cable system similar to a compound bow. Requires a lot less muscle power to draw than a long bow.
Whoever designs and markets this should send royalty payments to me.
Thanks in advance. :headbang:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.