VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 Vegas has a hydraulic clutch, but, it's still tough to pull for my ole fingers. Has anyone added the Victory Clutch Assist? I've found it on Ebay for $69.95 and wonder if it's worth it, does it really work?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I think the hydro clutch uses a cable from the slave that connects to the clutch actuator the same as the normal cable. If that's the case then you should be able to use the clutch assist unless there's not enough adjustment in the short cable stub that is attached to the slave.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Thunder Road http://www.victorythunderroad.com/make a, very good, clutch assist over here in the UK.
I tryed it out last week and it feels great compared to the standard cable version. If you are interested contact Gill (or Jude) +44 (0)121 766 8111and say Paul & Elaine sent you.
Gill is a great guy and has been a British Victory dealer for many years now and he certainly knows his stuff. He will be able to advise you with regards to the hydraulic clutch.

All the very best,
Paul.
(From the UK)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I guess I've gotten use to the the Victory clutch, after over 4000 miles the past six weeks, that I've stopped whining. My Suzuki Intruder was just so easy, but overall, this is my favorite bike I've owned.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the "easy assist clutch arm" from Victoryonly.com works well for me on my 06 Vegas. The guys at Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza tell me its the smoothest clutch they have ever seen. Only thing I notice is I have to maintain correct cable adjustment more often.

Just peeked at the site they say fitment for 2008 will be available soon may want to check that first.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts

mjw930 said:
I think the hydro clutch uses a cable from the slave that connects to the clutch actuator the same as the normal cable. If that's the case then you should be able to use the clutch assist unless there's not enough adjustment in the short cable stub that is attached to the slave.

Hydraulic Clutch - It's a solid shaft coming from the slave. Don't see any adjustment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.