Cleveland Guardians? | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Cleveland Guardians?

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by Alwhite00, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Alwhite00

Alwhite00 Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    Victory
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    I swear to God, if they use Groot as a mascot…I’m going to start watching.

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. Blowndodge

Blowndodge Well-Known Member

2013 Victory XCT
    The death of professional sports is just around the corner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    The term “guardian” offends me so I’ve contacted them and we came to agree the Cleveland Engines will be their new name

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. ForestGiant

ForestGiant Well-Known Member

2014 Victory Cross Country, 97 Honda Valkyrie, 99 Honda Magna
    Make my Cleveland engine a 351. I did have a 351 windsor in a 69 Mustang back in the early 90s.
    Guardians or protectors/defenders of what. Is their a lake monster in Lake Erie? It does have a bit of an edge though. I would have opted for the Cleveland Great Lakers. Maybe Cleveland Rocks or Rockers. They really should have just stayed with Indians. I get that Chief Wahoo is a bit goofy, but he could have been traded out for something much more dignified.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. RazorGunner

RazorGunner Active Member

Victory Gunner
    At the end of the video they flash “216Cle”. I think it would be cool if they struck a deal with the state of Massachusetts to switch area codes to get the 351. Then they could go by “welcome to the the 351C “:drive1:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Texasbaehr

Texasbaehr Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Vision Arlen Ness, Kawasaki Drifter 800
    The cancel culture trolls will find something wrong with that new name too.

8. Bikesofbrads

Bikesofbrads Well-Known Member

2015 victory xct & 06 katana
    With almost 8 billion people on the planet is impossible to not offend someone, I’m starting to wonder if saying your offended is just the “in thing” at the moment like the “members only” jackets were 25 yrs ago. Maybe the Cleveland Offenders would be a better name

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    Yep. What I find quite ironic is the thing that people seem to find most offensive, is when other people are offended at something. The most delicate snowflakes of all are those who run around calling other people snowflakes. I’m a D.C. native and followed the Redskins my whole life. Wanna know who I follow now? The Washington Football Team! Why? That’s easy, it’s my team. People used to quote Shakespeare with something about a rose by another name would still smell the same. And my team by any other name can still suck just as bad. Lol. It does make me wonder about these names 75-100 years ago though. The Washington Redskins were originally the Washington Braves. Did anyone get their panties in a wad because they weren’t called something else? And when they changed the name to the Redskins did anyone throw a fit? So now the Cleveland Indians are the Guardians and the Redskins are The Football Team, probably getting another new name next year. Ok fine. Some chose to be offended at the old names, some choose to be offended at the new name(s) replacing the old names. I choose which beer I’m going to drink while watching sports.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. 13SicVic

13SicVic Well-Known Member

2013 Victory Cross Country
    At the risk of being offensive I chose some time ago not to watch any of the sports teams or leagues that bow to the cancel culture.
    I honestly don’t miss any of it.
    I spend more time on my bike, more time with my precious humans and get more completed around the house.
    Less flack from the spousal unit too.
    We all take a stand by what we watch and where we spend our money. We actually wield power that way much more than most understand.
    I propose people take their stand now before they have to take it with a rifle in their hands.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    That’s my point, you sound pretty offended. So offended you’re trying to cancel sports leagues and entertaining thoughts of people shooting each other. That’s really offended.

12. 13SicVic

I am not pretty but thank you.

I am offended by people kneeling for the National anthem, I’m offended by cancel culture attempting to erase the America we grew up in and I’m giving my opinion even though it may offend others.

Like so many that disagree with an opinion you are attacking me by taking my statement out of context instead of just accepting that mine may be different than yours and that’s ok.

The statement at the end is in reference to my opinion that the backsliding toward tyranny should be dealt with now instead of waiting until the only response is arming ourselves as the founders had to.

There is no “Entertaining Thoughts” of people shooting each other.

I am not trying to cancel sports leagues but I appreciate your confidence in my abilities.

I am just choosing to not support them by not watching, buying tickets or swag. If enough people do that whoever is in charge has to confront the reason for people not participating anymore. As I’m sure you are aware it will affect the bottom line which is the number one motivator for change.

I grew up watching the NFL and MLB. I played both sports and loved it and I used to go to MLB games semi regularly when I lived somewhere they played. I don’t anymore.
    Both leagues will be around a lot longer than I will I predict.

So far the impact of people like me has been minimal and many aren’t willing to take such a stand.

So be it. We get what we get.

I’ll post my opinion and I hope you continue to post yours. No reason not to in my opinion, even if someone is offended.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. 13SicVic

Im surprised the term “Guardian” hasn’t triggered someone. Kind of sounds like what Law Enforcement does.

14. iabob

iabob Well-Known Member

Victory Kingpin
    I didn’t intend for that to be an attack, I apologize for the inference. I do accept your right to be a member of the offended, just pointing out the irony in it. I think claiming you’re not trying to cancel sports leagues while at the same time acknowledging you’re trying to force them to behave differently via boycotts is splitting hairs. You aren’t offending others, you’re just being as offended as others. In the America I grew up in, I watched football. To boycott the NFL over free speech would be to erase the America I grew up in. That’s even more cancel culture than taking down monuments to slavery.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blowndodge

Blowndodge Well-Known Member

2013 Victory XCT
    You know you're just pissing into the wind with these defund the police people right? I watch no professional sports nor am I watching the Olympics this year. These people attacking you are destroying woman's sports and telling you to shut your mouth.