VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went by Clearwater Lights this morning and Glenn & Scott tore into my CC to find out the wiring for installing their lights.

Seems someone in Canada purchased some and is having probs with getting them working. HELP IS ON THEY WAY!!!

They also put some mock ups of the Christa's (The LARGE lights) on mine and shot some pics. They looked great on the inside of the Highway bars.

I'm trying to get them to cut loose with a set for me but they don't want to do it for the CC since I have to give it back. I already have Riding lights on my KP.

http://www.Clearwaterlights.com

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I like the beam they're throwing but are they serious at $649!

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
the problem with putting them inside the engine guards is they become useless for us in the northern climates for a few months a year. From March to April, sometimes early May and mid October to mid December I will be using the vinyl lowers to make my riding more comfortable now that I have them.

Other than that, if they weren't so ridiculously expensive I'd have the Clearwaters myself.

·
Registered
42 Posts
While "you get what you pay for" may be a cliche, in this case its true.

I have the smaller Glendas on my Vision. For quality, longevity, functionality and low current draw you cannot beat these lamps at any price.

Myriding buddy who owns anHD CVO Ultra made the comment the other day that they were the best investment that I have made for my bike and wished that he could get a set in all chrome.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts

ZZedmonds said:
I am biased using Kewlmetals 50W slash curved lights. I always get comments on how bright they are. They are a great value at $200 bucks.

http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=112

I ended up wiring them into my unused heated grip circuit.

I have to agree Scott, $200 is more like it. You still have the problem of not being able to use tehm when you put the vinyl lowers on though. I really wish Vic would come out with a nice light bar for the XC.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Been thinking bout that with the lowers. Couldn't you cut and exact size hole to fit the lights thru?maybe put some contact cement to keep everything intact?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.