VOG Forum banner

Clearance Sale on Octane / Victory OEM items at Leader RPM

7K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  grafik 
#1 ·
Leaders RPM Shop

Just ordered the reduced reach OEM handlbars here for $89! Free shipping to boot. They had a number of Octane parts and super cheap clothes, look under the Clearance section of the shop.

#5 ·
Damn.. my search continues for those freaking under-the-floorboard-highway pegs. I had my fingers crossed.
How about the JB Hatch pegs? Those are readily available.

#17 ·
Kingsnake did the 2into1 come with instructions at all from Leaders? I'm thinking of going this route but wouldn't mind having a guide. Last time I did an exhaust was a decade ago at this point.

Also, did you get it dynod, or did you go with a power Commander? What's a Dyno run, ballpark? Can any shop do it or does it have to be a Polaris dealer.

Thanks guys

#18 ·
Kingsnake did the 2into1 come with instructions at all from Leaders? I'm thinking of going this route but wouldn't mind having a guide. Last time I did an exhaust was a decade ago at this point.

Also, did you get it dynod, or did you go with a power Commander? What's a Dyno run, ballpark? Can any shop do it or does it have to be a Polaris dealer.

Thanks guys
There should be instructions - I can check, I might have kept mine. I also followed this video from Polaris

I had installed a power commander (picked it up off of Revzilla) but haven't had it dyno'd yet. We have a place in the PNW that'll do it, but it's like $400 and takes a bit of time - two things I don't have often!

#14 ·
After all this time they still have a lot of stuff, I guess either Polaris way overproduced or the stuff just doesn't sell. Big mark downs for sure.

#16 ·
Got the "USA" emblems and a spare set of backrest/ bag mounting spools. Great find.

#20 ·
I ordered the 2:1 exhaust and power commander at the same time so I could just do a full install when I had all of the parts. Since the exhaust needed the dyno I just wanted to kill two birds with one stone. One thing to note, the exhaust should come with a card from Victory with the dyno info. Maybe before ordering you check with them to see if that's the case.

#22 ·
This is incorrect. You can either download a map for the PCV that is close, or have it tuned on a dyno using a PCV. The PCV gives you the ability to change the maps. It doesn't do it automatically unless you get an auto tune to go along with it. I would not recommend that method tho.
Well I reconfirm my not an expert status lol. Thanks for the info!

I have a new air cleaner and the 2 into 1 exhaust in the mail. Does anyone have a PCV map for a similar setup? DynoJet website only has 4 maps for the Octane, nothing with new exhaust and filter

#23 ·
Reactions: grafik
#24 ·
I did try the Vic shop Rylan was very helpful but did not have any Octane maps. I have an appt to get her Dyno next week at a local shop. I can share my map with anyone that wants it afterwards.

Install was pretty clear. Did all 3 at once pipes PCV and airbox. Getting that air box off was the worst, followed by the tank removal solo, followed by I didn't remove the old header gaskets first time around cause they're virtually invisible so there was a gap and I could hear it after I was all done. Bummer. Use an exacto or sharp screwdriver to seperaete the gasket from the header.

If anyone needs any help with these mods hit me up I was allll over the internet during it making sure I was going it right lol

#25 ·
Please share the dyno sheet after the tune.

#29 ·
Short answer, no. A Dyno tune is going to get your bike running it's absolute best. The factory stage 2 flash is just what the factory found to make the components work together, very generic settings.

#31 ·
Thanks guys. I will get to the Dyno -- it freaking snowed here the day I was supposed to go.
Automotive tire Finger Thumb Auto part Gas
Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Gas Auto part Rim

Odd thing happening here now. After the pipe install I did some loops in the driveway. Everything seemed up to snuff. But now after running it I hear a sizzling sound like an egg frying from the rear header area.

I did notice when I took my airbox off there was some yellow cream looking fluid in side one of the hoses. I thought this was strange. Here are 2 pix. Any thoughts? I know sometimes pipes have a curing period from the heat but this sounds more like liquid dripping and sizzling off. Something to be concerned about?

#32 ·
Thanks guys. I will get to the Dyno -- it freaking snowed here the day I was supposed to go. View attachment 544939 View attachment 544941

Odd thing happening here now. After the pipe install I did some loops in the driveway. Everything seemed up to snuff. But now after running it I hear a sizzling sound like an egg frying from the rear header area.

I did notice when I took my airbox off there was some yellow cream looking fluid in side one of the hoses. I thought this was strange. Here are 2 pix. Any thoughts? I know sometimes pipes have a curing period from the heat but this sounds more like liquid dripping and sizzling off. Something to be concerned about?
That is water and oil mixed. Let the motor warm up longer. Those hoses come straight from the valve cover. I notice that noise at times too. Verify your header flange bolts are tight. And that you didn't bump the radiator cap or over flow fill cap when pulling tank off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.