VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
No announcement at this time. (Hey, we just launched the new White background feature for this site...I can't do everything! I still need to have some riding and some golf time!

But I'll take this opportunity to ask, What would you like to see in a Classifieds Section?

Input = good!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
How about services too? Im sure like myself there are businesses out there that wouldnt mind knowing what we all do and who might be in our area's. We could barter or give discounts to members (up to you and your client)
I know i could use the extra business in these times as well s help out members that might be able to use our services.
I know there was a thread a while back that addressed this topic but it didnt go anywhere. perhaps instead of a thread itself, assigning a category for these two topics.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My 2 cents...

1) A seller section

2) A wanted section

3) A bargain alerts

4) A Southern belle about 5' 8" , brunette, 130-140 lbs. looking for a open passenger seat on an 08 Sand/Black Kingpin. (That could be as sticky LOL!) It's Christmas and Andy-Claus asked?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I would like to see a section that does not get lost in the list of threads. Actually would like to see the New Posts in sections by major topic. Thanks (still love the white)

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

bubba said:
I would like to see a section that does not get lost in the list of threads. Actually would like to see the New Posts in sections by major topic. Thanks (still love the white)
Bubba, Not sure what you mean, if you go to any of the major forums, doesn't it list the new post on top for that forum? Not giving you crap this time just dont understand.
I would like to see a private seller section and a commercial section.
Don

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
bubba said:
Yes, that works. Just go to Forums and navigate your way to the desired category. The newer post will be listed at the top of each section.

Hey, we do our best.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

Thanks Don and Andy. I didknow that but a tad cumbersome for a person like myself. Was looking for just hitting the new posts tab and seeing everything I did not read yet by category.I like the site or else I would come here, just giving my 2 cents.
Dean, Don and Andy. I give you guys a bunch of ****, but you need to stop taking me seriously. I stir the pot at times, but it's all in fun. Dean, you think I don't like you, furthest from the truth. Just trying to make you a better person!!! :)
Part of giving **** is being able to take it... believe me I can. So give it back and lets have some fun. Dean, if you think there is a need to talk privately I would be happy to call you, but there is nothing I wouldn't write here that I would say to you on the phone.
I hope all here on the site have a great Christmas. Lets don't forget the kids that can not get a present and no matter what God you believe in, Give him Praise.
Ho, Ho, Ho!! :)

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
LOLOL Bubba you make me laugh. believe me most of the things you say, I dont take seriously. But you say i just have a big mouth just to have a big mouth? LOL ok some of that might me close but its not to just keep my post numbers up. And I really dont thing there is anything you could do or say to "Make me a better man" so you can stop trying. Only my maker and myself can do that.
I hope you also have the best of holiday seasons.

And who you callin a Ho ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Input
Just need a section devoted to foum member sales. That way you can go to one spot and see who has stuff for sale, Alot of accessories are interchangeable and it is a pain to go through every section just to look for a for sale post.
If dealer want to sell they could have their own section.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
In a way i disagree with the idea of a "Dealer" section. If i want to buy retail i will support my local shop, hes the one that sees my bike.
Im thinking if dealers want to start advertising here it could get a little ticklish with people possibly having complaints, and i wouldnt want to see that happen.

If a dealer has some type of blowout sale or "Group buy" item he can post that item separately.
JMO

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Clubford00 said:
In a way i disagree with the idea of a "Dealer" section. If i want to buy retail i will support my local shop, hes the one that sees my bike.
I agree except for those that dont have a dealer and some of us that do have a hard time getting parts. I think I am going to start buying from the Vic site if I am going to pay retail anyway I might as well save the tax and get it quicker.
But I don't really mean dealers so much as interesting retail custom stuff like Cycleops and Conquest. These smaller guys dont have the money to have a huge website footprint.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
bubba said:
Dean, Don and Andy. I give you guys a bunch of ****, but you need to stop taking me seriously. I stir the pot at times, but it's all in fun.
I hope all here on the site have a great Christmas. Lets don't forget the kids that can not get a present and no matter what God you believe in, Give him Praise.
Ho, Ho, Ho!! :)
Hey, I've been under your radar for awhile, you haven't given me **** in atleast three months...lol
Hey, have a great Christmas

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Do I get a vote on the Classifieds section?

Just joking of course!

While I like to under-promise and over-deliver...I can only guess, that something like this is on the horizon.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Andy said:
Do I get a vote on the Classifieds section?

Just joking of course!

While I like to under-promise and over-deliver...I can only guess, that something like this is on the horizon.
Of course you don't have a vote, your the President and are supposed to bow down to the screaming masses...lol Actual I would be happy with just a plain old link section with the Victory specialty and custom companies.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Classified would be great .
1979 Triumph Bonnieville Sport.black all 0riginal except exhaust ,close aftermarket replica.
Needs TLC asking $2000.00

·
Registered
1,610 Posts

I dont think it would hurt to have a classified sectionbut I think it should have a red backround.Then if you sell something off here Andy gets 10%of thesales price and then every member get 1% from a pool of the sales on the first of the month in the form of a check to only be used to buy something off the VOG.
just my 3 cents

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.