VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I searched the web, spoke to Victory owners, and Victory dealers to get feedback(pro and con) on the lower wind deflectors for my 09 Vision Premium. The majority of the responses indicated the deflectors are a must have upgrade, however, there were numerous complaints about the clear plastic deflectors breaking, cracking, yellowing, and scratching. I also had an issue with the hinges that support the deflectors; they come in only one color -- Black!

Then, I came across the metal wind deflectors produced by Will at Cycle Ops. After seeing his posts, emails, and conversations with Will I was convinced his deflectors were what I needed and well worth the price. Well, it didn't end there because he began producing the upper wind deflectors and I had to have matching upper and lower deflectors. I didn't stop at this point because I couldn't stand the black hinges, so, I had Will chrome them as well.

If you are considering this mod to your bike, I would highly recommend Will for his quality products, honesty, integrity, and great customer service -- he is a solid American. I can guarantee you'll be extremely happy you purchased this or any other product from Cycle Ops!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed them this past Sunday (waited the 24 hours per the instructions) and took it out on Monday for a 70+ mile ride. I heard/read that they are a must have and make a significant difference in the air flow -- directed air flow to keep the engine heat off your legs or deflecting the air flow around your legs to use the engine as a heat source. I tried different angles and I can now say, they work very well and would highly recommend getting them. I'd get the metal deflectors from Cycle Ops as the original plastic ones are flimsy.

As a potential side benefit (it'll take additional distant riding to verify), I was watching the instant miles/gallon indicator during a long straight leg and noticed an increase of 4 miles/gallon with the deflectors fully extended -- two cycles with the same results.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I really like the C.O. deflectors in chrome but the price keeps me away.

I might pop for the color keyed ones but still 179 bucks for a couple pieces of bent aluminum is hard to accept right now. Going to try making my own first.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Nothing against Will's stuff, but the Chrome does not do if for me. If my stokers broke I might get the painted. I just don't think thats a area you want to bring attemtion too.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts

dsjr70 said:
I'm with Bubba on these, would rather have a nice set of black ones to match the bike. Sort of reminds me of a Kenworth with those things on...
Wow, did you agree with me???

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
bubba said:
dsjr70 said:
I'm with Bubba on these, would rather have a nice set of black ones to match the bike. Sort of reminds me of a Kenworth with those things on...
Like ten times this year already!!! Moving South has seem to do you alittle good, your getting more laid back...lol

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
advntrus said:
Rainmans100 said:
I installed them this past Sunday (waited the 24 hours per the instructions) and took it out on Monday for a 70+ mile ride. I heard/read that they are a must have and make a significant difference in the air flow -- directed air flow to keep the engine heat off your legs or deflecting the air flow around your legs to use the engine as a heat source. I tried different angles and I can now say, they work very well and would highly recommend getting them. I'd get the metal deflectors from Cycle Ops as the original plastic ones are flimsy.

As a potential side benefit (it'll take additional distant riding to verify), I was watching the instant miles/gallon indicator during a long straight leg and noticed an increase of 4 miles/gallon with the deflectors fully extended -- two cycles with the same results.
Wow! That almost defys physics doesn't it? I would think if anything it would create more drag and DECREASE gas mileage. No I'm not questioning your results, although, as you said, it'll take more rides to know for sure.
Anyone know why his gas mileage improved?
Shawn
Wow!!!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
dsjr70 said:
bubba said:
dsjr70 said:
Like ten times this year already!!! Moving South has seem to do you alittle good, your getting more laid back...lol
Or just Laid More ! :)

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
advntrus said:
Rainmans100 said:

Wow! That almost defys physics doesn't it? I would think if anything it would create more drag and DECREASE gas mileage. No I'm not questioning your results, although, as you said, it'll take more rides to know for sure.
Shawn
Is that Chemical Physics or Physical Chemistry??? I'm confused...lol

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
dsjr70 said:
advntrus said:
Rainmans100 said:

Shawn
Oh now dont start that again or im gonna hafta start another OIL THREAD !! lol

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

Anyone have Will's contact info?
Thanks,
WW

·
Registered
396 Posts
I love those deflectors but the chrome ones.. mmmm. They seem to interrupt the lines of the bike, I think I like the clear ones better. But the chrome certainly makes a statement, nicely done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is Will's website:

http://www.cycleopsusa.com/

Will has pictures of the colored deflectors next to the bike…looks like the match is very close. I contemplated getting the deflectors powder coated the same color (Midnight Cherry) to match the bike,however, I decided to get the chrome -- his chromer does an outstanding job! Choosing colored or chrome deflectors is a personal preference. The pictures don't accurately depict how they actually look on the bike (i.e., they aren't as overwhelming as they appear). Whichever ones you choose, I highly recommendthe Cycle Ops products.
If someone is interested,I'll sell the original clear plastic wind deflectors. They have never been used and still have the plastic wrapping covering on them.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks Rainmans100.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
advntrus said:
dsjr70 said:
advntrus said:
Rainmans100 said:

Shawn
110...111.......whatever it takes.
Shawn
I thought that was 220 ..221 whatever it takes? Either way i go it, and thats funny right there !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.