VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 Jackpot, and have a cover that has melted on to the chrome exhaust. I have tried to get it off with different products to no avail. it is quite a large mark about 70mm long
Any ideas guys.
Cheers Shrek

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
How about lacquer paint thinner, use rubber gloves. If it's thick try picking at it with your fingernail, maybe even use a plastic scraper.

·
Registered
180 Posts

I melted the heal of my right boot on the pipi,tried various product but couldn't get it off,then I carefully used a razor blade,scraped the top layer off,then used a good quality chrome cleaner and rubbed the rest off

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Bug and tar remover....just takes some rubbin...

·
Registered
77 Posts

Gord's polish is the best I have found.This stuff does work as good as it's advertized, I use it to clean my chrome and aluim. Google "Gord's Polish" and watch the vido.
gordsaluminumpolish.com

·
Registered
223 Posts

Shrek said:
I have a 09 Jackpot, and have a cover that has melted on to the chrome exhaust. I have tried to get it off with different products to no avail. it is quite a large mark about 70mm long
Any ideas guys.
Cheers Shrek
Shrek,
I've the got LL JP also. What "cover" melted onto your exhaust???
Can speak for over cleaners, but I've used a plastic scraper and my trusty fingernails on boot scuff marks baked on.
I would think if you use oven cleaner, to spray only on the rag (duh) and just get your pipes warm, dab a good goob of it on there and let it sit for a few minutes.
If you can't get it off, just slash your wrists and bleed out...................
I had a low speed "mishap" last year and bought a new set of shields for the Swepts..............$$$. But certainly cheaper that buying the whole exhaust..............

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help guys, i couldn't get it off with any products, i had to scrape it off with a razor blade. sounds bad i know, bad it slid across the chrome with ease and didn't leave a mark. thanks again.
Ride safe, Shrek

·
Registered
27 Posts
shrek,

If you or anybody else get into a jam like this on their chrome, I have a solution. I received this tip online from someone who had a plastic bag from a supermarket melt on their pipes. I used the method on my pipes when my girlfriend's boots melted on to them.

Are you ready for this.......use a mister clean magic eraser and pour sprite zero onto the eraser and wipe. I know, I know, sounds crazy but it works!!!! You will have to put a little elbow grease into it, but it will not scratch the chrome. Hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.