VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered the chrome cheese hole battistini grips from the dealer on thursday and was wondering if anyone has pics of them installed and has instructions on installing them. I am pretty technically/mechanically savy, I just dont want to screw it up, and also try to avoid the price of the mechanic installation. Once I get them on, I promise I will provide pics.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
There is a thread on here showing how to do it...also you tube has a number of walkthrus. it's easy! don't fret.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

ddawg said:
Hey - my goal is to one day clean up my garage to look as organized as yours!!!!
It tends to happen when you are in the middle of a bunch of projects at once.
The wife's side of the garage is alot more clean.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had those grips for approx. a year and quickly got rid of the.... they look cool.... but so not comfortable.... plus they scratch the heck out of the handle bar underneath which you can now see through the holes.... and they drag alot on the bars too.... which I tried to lube which only made slipperier.... and forget about it when it's cold or wet out!!!! Good luck!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I polished the inside of the throttle grip and got rid of all the jagged edges. I used a dry spray teflon for lubrication for mess free use. I have had zero problems with the grips.I have some nicely padded gloves so the grips donot bother me. In the future however, i might invest in the rolled grips as i was torn between the two originally.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I love the look of these. I wonder how hot they would get in the summer though? I had some Kuryaken grips.. the comfort ones and they could get pretty hot in the Arizona sun - even with gloves on. I'm drooling over some Arlen Ness grips, but I do worry about the hot factor.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
advntrus said:
ddawg said:
Hey - my goal is to one day clean up my garage to look as organized as yours!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA!!!....You are such a ball buster.
Shawn
No - I'm serious!!!! At least you can see the kids bicycles. I've got so many projects going on & junk piled up!! Aaaarrrggg!!!! It's driving me to drinking!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.