VOG Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding hard today and when I cycled through my instrument display I had a "check engine" which displayed this code.......O520209. Looking on the net others have indicated this refers to an O2 sensor. Is this something that can be ignored or is it likely to cause me to be stranded. It happened once last summer and has not been an issue again until today. When I shut off the bike the code disappears and does not come back. There are no power or performance issues when riding either.

Is this because I was really hammering my "Hammer" and it's 90 degrees outside? Again there were no power or performance issues with the bike as it runs/ran and continues to run flawlessly.

Thanks Cobra

·
Super Moderator
26,154 Posts
I ride hard in much higher temps than 90 and have never had this. Any mods?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
There was a service bulletin for the 16's/17's, O2 sensor out of range. Requires a re-flash from the dealer or get rid of the O2 sensors. If it's a 4 wire O2 sensor connection you will need a set of O2 optimizer's that connect to the plug or you will throw another code, if only 2 wires you can just disconnect and tuck away. May as well remove the O2 sensor's from the exhaust if you do all this and get some bungs for the pipes.
victory2016resistorplugs
Oxygen Sensor Plug in Victory Hammer Exhaust & Accsy's - Victory Hammer - Shop Parts and Accessories - Your #1 Source for US Made, Custom Victory & Indian Motorcycle Parts

Reactions: Cobravenomous

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the reply I received from the dealer......

Cobra,

I spoke quickly with the tech,I would not be concerned with the check engine light if it is no longer showing.With the extreme temperatures and
conditions I would guess one of the sensors might of picked up something
out of the ordinary and when you turned the bike off it cleared the code.
These things do happen occasionally but nothing to be concerned about.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
This is the reply I received from the dealer......

Cobra,

I spoke quickly with the tech,I would not be concerned with the check engine light if it is no longer showing.With the extreme temperatures and
conditions I would guess one of the sensors might of picked up something
out of the ordinary and when you turned the bike off it cleared the code.
These things do happen occasionally but nothing to be concerned about.
I do believe that the ECM holds the code in it's history and will show up when hooked to the Polaris diagnostic tool. When you shut the bike off it clears the display only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.