VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to start changing my own tires on my 2007 Jackpot. I'm looking for any information regarding wheel removal, and mostly re-mounting the wheel back on the bike.
The front tire is due, so I'll be starting up front. The biggest thing I need is the torque settings for the axle, and the smaller bolts that pinch the lower end of the fork around the axle.
The frustrating thing about Victory ownership is that there are tons of youtube clips on changing Harley wheels as well as other brands of bikes, but I've been unsuccessful finding anythingregarding Victory on youtube or this site. Hopefully I'm just notsearching correctly.
I'm hoping to avoid purchasing a shop manual.
Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Get a service maual. It has all the specs.Do you have someting to mount the tires an take off the rim?

·
Registered
250 Posts
According to the 2006 Service manual the axle torque spec is 47.5 Nm / 35 lb-ft (tighten first) and the smaller bolts that pinch the lower end of the fork around the axle are 24.5 Nm / 18 lb-ft. The book says to "Move suspension through full travel range 4 - 5 times before tightening these screws(Re-torque once after initial torque)". Don't know why but the book says it so I would do it.

Also don't mix up the spacers, if you do the wider one goes on the left.

I saved a bunch of $$ buying my front tire from Dennis Kirk. A friend of mine had all the tools to remove, mount and balance it. It didn't take long either.

HTH

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

I have the owners manual for a 2010 XC and it lists all the common torque values in maintenance items. Perhaps your original manual does the same? Something like RTFM?
I have converted some of the metric values to english units (ft/pds, inches, etc) and just wrote them in the manual. If you are in BFE, you might need to know the "common" way to do things.
Incidently, torque is cheap unless you are torqueing to a lawyer....
eta moya dva rubles

·
Registered
3 Posts
I changed my own tires on my 02 and I used Dyna beads to balance my tires. They worked great.Bought them at Jake Wilson along with the tires.I changed both tires for a little more than what the dealer wanted for just the rear tire alone.(mounted and blanced)

·
Registered
23,463 Posts

My friend has a Harbor Freight tire machine (manual one) and a static balancer. Total cost was like $180 for the tools. He, his son, and I all change our tires there so the equipment has paid for itself many times over. Tires are costing me $220-$250 a pair, and the dealer wants $249 for just a rear OEM tire plus mount & balance.
You have to be careful of belt tension and wheel alignment in the rear. On the front, lube the axle where the pinch bolts grab it, leave the pinch bolts loose, hold the front brake and cycle the forks up and down several times... THEN tighten the pinch bolts to make sure the forks aren't in a bind on the axle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.