VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Banned
3,789 Posts
Well that question is answered. No challenge for the Indian and see how much more of a thrashing it gives when it's uncorked. Only reason to buy a harley is if you gots to have a harley.

• Haha
Reactions: FlNativeJoe

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Sorry, I made it 3 minutes into the video and gave up. Bottom line, would I like a Road Glide? Sure. Probably not my first choice but they’re nice bikes. Would I like a Challenger? Nope. Because: Polaris. If I was in the market for a 25-30k dollar tour oriented motorcycle, and the Harley just wasn’t enough for me, I’d go to the Goldwing or a BMW next. Far too many really nice bikes out there for me to give a crap what someone wants to spend 26 minutes telling me about a bike I’ll never buy no matter what the price.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 person

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Sorry, I made it 3 minutes into the video and gave up. Bottom line, would I like a Road Glide? Sure. Probably not my first choice but they're nice bikes. Would I like a Challenger? Nope. Because: Polaris. If I was in the market for a 25-30k dollar tour oriented motorcycle, and the Harley just wasn't enough for me, I'd go to the Goldwing or a BMW next. Far too many really nice bikes out there for me to give a crap what someone wants to spend 26 minutes telling me about a bike I'll never buy no matter what the price.
Yeah but it's an Indian !
I've had my share of Polaris bashing....
Nope ! It's polaris ! Fuk em'
Really ? WE KNOW ! WE REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENNED.
Then the statement. I'd like a Road Glide they're nice bikes. Would I like a Challenger ? Nope .... Polaris.
Still they're nice bikes. They're better bikes. We all know it. What are we getting a soft spot for HD now. All of a sudden Harley's are nice bikes. I can tell you if this Challenger was in fact a Victory the comments would be different.
No Indian fan boy here but I'll give credit to the engineers and the hard work that became the new Indian today. You see ..... nobody at Polaris gives a sh!t what we think. Just like no one at HD gives a sh!t what we think until we buy an HD then they still don't give a ****. Your a number today

Reactions: 3 people

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
You know, I saw in another video that the challengers gearing was slightly shorter than the other Indian heavyweights. As far as I know, highway cruising Rpms are the same between chieftain and cct. Around 3k at 80mph. The other video (I forget which one) pointed out that the challenger was at about 3200rpm at 80. I can see why guys are test riding them and it is giving them these impressions of insane acceleration. It's like the ud pulley for a vic. It makes a drastic difference in seat of the pants feel imo.

I could be way off base here, but I'll bet a stock challenger is close to equivelant to a cc with slip ons, air cleaner and tune plus ud pulley. Not bad for a stock bike.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Well what ever it is ..... it puts out 122 at the crank. Purdy good for stock and gives the new owner thats performance enthused a great platform to build on. I hear the handling is superb and the ride is as well. What’s not to like if your in this market. It’s not as stylish as my Xc and Magnum but it does exert a certain muscular attitude and I do like that. I think it’s gonna be a great bike !

·
Registered
17,114 Posts
Then the statement. I'd like a Road Glide they're nice bikes. Would I like a Challenger ? Nope .... Polaris.
Still they're nice bikes. They're better bikes. We all know it. What are we getting a soft spot for HD now. All of a sudden Harley's are nice bikes. I can tell you if this Challenger was in fact a Victory the comments would be different I'm sure.
No Indian fan boy here but I'll give credit to the engineers and the hard work that became the new Indian today. You see ..... nobody at Polaris gives a sh!t what we think. Just like no one at HD gives a sh!t what we think until we buy an HD then they still don't give a ****. Your a number today
Well, I've never been much of a Harley hater so no real change in position there. It's true that back in 2007 when I almost bought a new Softail Deluxe, when I started shopping around, yeah that old 96" TC in that flexing frame with the ****ty brakes and horrible suspension...Harley didn't measure up back then. It I didn't hate them, I just liked Victory better. A lot better. So much better that I was a brand ambassador volunteering my time to spread the word and help make Victory events a thing...for free. Yes, Polaris can and does make that good of a bike. I've had a variety of complaints to go along with my compliments of Polaris over the years. Building a good bike was never questioned.

In my mind there is no such thing as a perfect bike. Every bike has strengths and weaknesses so first order of business with any new bike is to figure out what to do first that voids the warranty. I would do this with the Road Glide, I would do this with a Goldwing, a K1600, any bike. Except an Indian, because I will never own a Polaris produced Indian. So I stand by my statement, yes the RG is a nice bike. By no means perfect, but it is a nice bike. What it's being compared to in this video, is irrelevant because I wouldn't buy it at any price.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
I felt the RG rider was kinda lame ? Was that Steve Menetto on the RG ? Scott Wine on the Challenger ?

My buddies on their HDs wanna do the same thing. Roll on's ..... boring. Same with my Goldwing buddy. No one wants to get next to the Vic at a light and launch .... you know a real race with some skill at throttle and clutch control .... shifting before the rev limiter kicks in.
" I don't drag race "
ok then let's go back out there and when I down shift 2 gears and you see my tail lights is that gonna do it for you ? Silly Harley guys.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
Well, I've never been much of a Harley hater so no real change in position there. It's true that back in 2007 when I almost bought a new Softail Deluxe, when I started shopping around, yeah that old 96" TC in that flexing frame with the ****ty brakes and horrible suspension...Harley didn't measure up back then. It I didn't hate them, I just liked Victory better. A lot better. So much better that I was a brand ambassador volunteering my time to spread the word and help make Victory events a thing...for free. Yes, Polaris can and does make that good of a bike. I've had a variety of complaints to go along with my compliments of Polaris over the years. Building a good bike was never questioned.

In my mind there is no such thing as a perfect bike. Every bike has strengths and weaknesses so first order of business with any new bike is to figure out what to do first that voids the warranty. I would do this with the Road Glide, I would do this with a Goldwing, a K1600, any bike. Except an Indian, because I will never own a Polaris produced Indian. So I stand by my statement, yes the RG is a nice bike. By no means perfect, but it is a nice bike. What it's being compared to in this video, is irrelevant because I wouldn't buy it at any price.
Man .... let me tell you what. You won't believe it but ole Slick likes a HD Slim. Low and so old school HD looking. Rode my buddy's wife's with no miles and only dropped once. Lol. He's giving it away. I'm thinking hard because I like riding it ! It's a fuking hoot. Love the vibe. What a bar hopper.

Reactions: bikendad and iabob

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I confess, I didn't watch the video. I started to and got interrupted so I just hit 'post'.

Harleys have always been nice bikes.

Roll-on? Standing start? Doesn't matter to me. Hope you packed a big enough lunch...

Downshift? Why?

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In my mind there is no such thing as a perfect bike. Every bike has strengths and weaknesses so first order of business with any new bike is to figure out what to do first that voids the warranty. I would do this with the Road Glide, I would do this with a Goldwing, a K1600, any bike.
There really is nothing you can do to the Wing or the K16 that would void the warranty....

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I stand by my statement, yes the RG is a nice bike. By no means perfect, but it is a nice bike. What it's being compared to in this video, is irrelevant because I wouldn't buy it at any price.
I'm with ya. The RG is my favorite touring Harley, but all those are too heavy. Indian is a no... because: Polaris.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
There really is nothing you can do to the Wing or the K16 that would void the warranty....
I'm sure that depends on how determined someone is.

·
Administrator
2,904 Posts
Still they're nice bikes. They're better bikes. We all know it. What are we getting a soft spot for HD now. All of a sudden Harley's are nice bikes. I can tell you if this Challenger was in fact a Victory the comments would be different I'm sure.
What are we with Victory??

I think anyone that bashes another brand in general is small minded. I like Harley's, I like motorcycles.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
I like your response

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
I may come across as defending Indian and I will defend Victory but let’s get one thing straight. I like motorcycles too. What I don’t Iike is the hatred for a brand. A lot of hard work goes into making these bikes. Yeah I know Fuk Polaris but dam enough already. We still ride Polaris bikes. For the love of Jesus just sell already and get a harley. They’re nice bikes.
We could get back to Forum chatting about victory but really what’s left to talk about ?
It’s Harley vs Challenger now lol.

·
Premium Member
14,202 Posts
My take if means anything. My 2014 CC-8 BALL went to salvage place yesterday, insurance paid me $11,800. Not bad for bike 5 years old with 56,000 miles, bought new in 2014 for $14,800 OTD. I'm now looking for another 8-BALL, CC or CCT. LOVE my VICTORIES, also have 2016 VEGAS 8-BALL...soon to add a STEP-DAD :dance: (I'm surprised what VICTORIES are going for...more then I thought, but sure beats $25,000+)

·
Administrator
2,904 Posts
We could get back to Forum chatting about victory but really what's left to talk about ?
It's Harley vs Challenger now lol.
What about Challenger VS the new 2.5L Triumph Rocket 3?

I put my money on the 2.5L all day long. It would flat out destroy the Challenger. Decimate it.

At the price point of these machines there are so many options why just the two...American made?

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
What about Challenger VS the new 2.5L Triumph Rocket 3?

I put my money on the 2.5L all day long. It would flat out destroy the Challenger. Decimate it.

At the price point of these machines there are so many options why just the two...American made?
Yeah but until now it's been about RG and Challenger. You know the fixed fairing twins. Baggers ! Tourers ! Americana ! Rocket bikes are awesome. They should build a fixed fairing bagger. I hear they're all the rage.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.